Aerosus what a crock of $hite

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nobbymogs

Car
GL450 & C180 Shooting Brake
got a GL450 2011 and have had a knock from front o/s front shock i was looking around for different types and finally went for Aerosus £700 later they arrived all looking good great delivery and got them fitted.
they were bloody worse than i took off speed bumps knocking and banging, we took car to my mates MOT station and they went through it with a tooth comb and couldn't find a thing checked everything from nuts bolts and bushes all spot on.
the car was worse in comfort mode but still noticeable in sport it just wasnt right.
ordered a pair of Arnotts but only 1 arrived as there a back order so we put old on N/S and New on O/S what a difference its a totally different car not 1 single knock or noise
tbf Aerosus have accepted the faulty pair and are giving our money back but what a waste of time effort and money
i just wished i went with my gut not my wallet
Aersus £700
Arnott £900

seriously you would not expect it to be that bad considering they reckon they on top of their game
never again

Oddly enough, I'm thinking of changing one of mine as it has a slight knock every now and again. I'm surprised there isn't a company that can refurb them. Blooming pricey things though ...

got a GL450 2011 and have had a knock from front o/s front shock i was looking around for different types and finally went for Aerosus £700 later they arrived all looking good great delivery and got them fitted.
they were bloody worse than i took off speed bumps knocking and banging, we took car to my mates MOT station and they went through it with a tooth comb and couldn't find a thing checked everything from nuts bolts and bushes all spot on.
the car was worse in comfort mode but still noticeable in sport it just wasnt right.
ordered a pair of Arnotts but only 1 arrived as there a back order so we put old on N/S and New on O/S what a difference its a totally different car not 1 single knock or noise
tbf Aerosus have accepted the faulty pair and are giving our money back but what a waste of time effort and money
Aersus £700
Arnott £900

seriously you would not expect it to be that bad considering they reckon they on top of their game
never again

So to summarise: You bought a product which had a manufacturing fault, the company accepted this and refunded you without question.

Clearly not all of these products are faulty or they would not be in business so perhaps your rather disingenuous post should be somewhat better balanced in its comments?

They getting a bit of stick too on Jaguar groups

What I have read in our local MB forum, they do have some quality problem, plenty of warranty issues reported. And because of our distant location, every return+refund/replacement process takes several days more than expexted, it is clear that no one wants their car wait in garage whole process or bought extra pices while waiting money back.

Arnott used to refurb them but I assume quality of old struts began to be so poor they stopped it.

My ML420 has had two Aerosus struts fitted; the pair were bought in April last year by the previous owner. Neither lasted 10K miles. I'd buy either Arnott or OE in future, not Aerosus.

So to summarise: You bought a product which had a manufacturing fault, the company accepted this and refunded you without question.

Clearly not all of these products are faulty or they would not be in business so perhaps your rather disingenuous post should be somewhat better balanced in its comments?
But for a pair of supposedly new struts to be faulty is pretty piss poor tbh and i bet they weren't same batch
I only wish you could hear, feel and see the difference in the car its beyond words

Plus to refund no questions asked also tells you something

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

But for a pair of supposedly new struts to be faulty is pretty piss poor tbh and i bet they weren't same batch
I only wish you could hear, feel and see the difference in the car its beyond words

Plus to refund no questions asked also tells you something

Yes a refund no questions asked shows a reputable company.

Hi,

Just to put a bit of balance on the discussion.

I bought and fitted Aerosus rear air suspension units for my S212 over 3 years ago.

Prices were good, they arrived really quickly, I fitted them and they have been perfect ever since.

We only supply genuine Mercedes Airmatic parts now. Too many issues with aftermarket brands.

Aersus £700
Arnott £900

never again
Hello
I was reading your post and wondered, where did you get the Arnott products from as I am looking into replacing mine. So far I can only find them priced at over £500 each.

Thanks
David

Careful if you look at ebay and ensure that anything advertised as Arnott IS Arnott!

It may be a moot point for the OP, though useful for others reading this thread - I would only use OEM parts on my car. Why take a risk?

We only supply genuine Mercedes Airmatic parts now. Too many issues with aftermarket brands.

Additionally, MB usually offer some sort of concession against replacement parts? They did for the 722.6 valve body on mine. It still cost an arm and a leg though, as the module wasn't available seaparatly, being an early example of the 7G-tronic. It's a lovely gearbox, though.

Reactions: AW8
Anybody know what MB charge for replacements? (S211 2008, no ADS)

Hello
I was reading your post and wondered, where did you get the Arnott products from as I am looking into replacing mine. So far I can only find them priced at over £500 each.

Thanks
David
They were from a local dealer to me although they did struggle to get a pair as 1 was stuck in Germany for a while

Anybody know what MB charge for replacements? (S211 2008, no ADS)
I got a quote here somewhere but it has ads it wasnt a pretty quote tbh it was sky high

I would only use OEM parts on my car. Why take a risk?

Mindful this is a relatively old thread. Posting this as have seen various comments from others re non OE suspension bags & suspect this thread may return in forum searches.

I have NOT got Aerosus bags on my car. I spoke to a reputable indy trader on here who happily fits them & says no issues BUT I chose Arnotts.

To specifically answer: Why take the risk ?

Some take, (acceptable to them), risk because they cannot justify cost of OE or OEM parts &/or labour relative to monetary value of vehicles.

Doing legwork can make risk negligible or somewhat negated.

My S212 has had fully warrantied Arnotts fitted. (NOT unbranded unknown items).

It is perhaps ironic that bags that fail are often OE MB items.

Local MB dealer parts dept informed me that, (on S212 ar least), the newest MB rear bags have an improved design which should increase longevity & durability. I also spoke to Arnott who made similar claims re an improved revised design.

Not seen any data or specifics info that show correctly installed Arnott bags prematurely fail &/or have issues.....If anyone has such info please provide it.

Cost effective safe & acceptable parts & repairs can keep cars on the road that might otherwise be scrapped, sold or p/x'd at significant financial loss.

Many sensible owners aim for best value without unacceptable compromise.

HTH

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom