Airbag Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They did a health check? I have mine booked in tomorrow! I have a courtesy car booked but won’t be able to ‘enjoy’ it as I’m helping my partner move house… dammit!

I’ve already had the diesel update done so I’m not sure if there’s any point in telling them not to update it for my car

They did a health check? I have mine booked in tomorrow! I have a courtesy car booked but won’t be able to ‘enjoy’ it as I’m helping my partner move house… dammit!

I’ve already had the diesel update done so I’m not sure if there’s any point in telling them not to update it for my car
Health check is standard when it goes to the main dealer. They just visually inspect your tyres, suspension and overall condition etc to make sure there’s nothing glaring. Their system will know your car has had the update too.

Ah, I thought they only did it for a service. I’ve certainly taken my car to a dealer for (paid) work and haven’t had a health check report from them

Mines in now, got this little thing as a day rental replacement, quite interesting little car. Haven’t driven anything small and modern for a while

I told them to ask me if there is a software update

Attachments

• EED5D61D-FD37-4BE2-90D0-E44AC7F99929.jpeg
    EED5D61D-FD37-4BE2-90D0-E44AC7F99929.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 11
Mines in now, got this little thing as a day rental replacement, quite interesting little car. Haven’t driven anything small and modern for a while

I told them to ask me if there is a software update
Aclass is nice. Latest 1 series is actually nicer I have to say

Well I get to keep it for the evening as they never bothered to message me to tell me that the car is finished or not… I’ll be putting the rear seats down and using it to move house…

Absolutely filthy inside mind, never had a wipe down inside by the looks of things. Was surprised that they gave a loan car out in that state, but then it’s MB so I’m not surprised by anything

Airbag recall complete - now if I crash, the airbag hopefully won't destroy my face.

I have to say - once again - it has been an utter cluster**** of incompetence from start to finish, but I expect nothing different from MB. I hope I never have to visit another dealer again (except for parts, I suppose). I'll surely never buy another MB as I don't want any connection or risk that I'll have to visit an MB dealer or deal with their staff.

Airbag recall complete - now if I crash, the airbag hopefully won't destroy my face.

I have to say - once again - it has been an utter cluster**** of incompetence from start to finish, but I expect nothing different from MB. I hope I never have to visit another dealer again (except for parts, I suppose). I'll surely never buy another MB as I don't want any connection or risk that I'll have to visit an MB dealer or deal with their staff.
You get good dealerships and bad ones within any brand; MB certainly don't have the monopoly on the bad ones in my experience.
My one and only visit to our local MB thus far, for a recall (or in MB-speak, a "Technical Enhancement") was OK in as far as it went. But the overwhelming feeling that I got was that my ancient C Class and I were a minor irritant to be dealt with asap so they could get on with their real job of selling all the shiny new and previously-enjoyed cars cluttering up the customer parking bays outside.

I received my recall letter yesterday and have booked it in at Bradford . The letter says nothing about a software update so maybe they will say something when I take it in. It's not booked in until october as that's when they get the parts.

Received the letter ( 2012 c204 ) it can wait until the service is due in October.

Lucky I found this thread before I took my car in for a service recall yesterday (Tuesday). The govt MOT checker only lists the airbag recall. While browsing the web on Monday to get more information on what the recall involved, I input the VIN in to a Mercedes portal and the diesel update recall was also outstanding.

After reading the comments here I made sure to check the job sheet when dropping the car off. The job sheet listed both recalls, with notes against both saying "discussed with customer". The ECU update was never discussed at any point.

I have a remap with an EGR delete and the update would have cost me several hundred £s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom