Amazon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just chuck them in the bin or if you are really keen leave them on top of one of those Amazon locker self service things you see in big supermarkets, shopping centres etc (take your address off first).

Maybe a diligent Amazon employee (an oxymoron) will take the parcels back to a depot. Unlikely as they are all on minimum wage and could not care less about customer service.

What is the purpose of this "tracking site"?
It is for people to track parcels they are waiting for . Sometimes I receive a tracking number from a seller on eBay , without being told which carrier is bringing the item . Often I can recognise numbers as likely to be one carrier or another , but not always

The OP states he does not know which carrier delivered his parcels . With the consignment number which MUST be on his packages , he can identify the carrier and therefore contact them directly, and ask them to return the unwanted items , citing the deliveries as the result of identity theft . The carrier will be able to determine the origin of the parcels from their records .

His other option is to report the suspected identity theft to the police and hand the evidence into the police station .

Just chuck them in the bin or if you are really keen leave them on top of one of those Amazon locker self service things you see in big supermarkets, shopping centres etc .
You COULD go down to your local such place and wait for a customer to open one of the lockers when collecting a delivery , Explain you need to return these items and put them into the open locker , with a return note , and close the locker .

Voila : Amazon have been served their unwanted goods 😁

Hi,
Saw a similar story recently on a consumer program.
Person received a number of unsolicited parcels over the course of a week or two.
A few weeks later they started receiving people on their doorstep looking for goods they had purchased online that they had paid for.
It seems that the receivers address had been used by a scammer to create a false selling identity and those initial parcels were used to create positive feedback - that lured the scammed people into a false sense of security over the sellers reputation.
On the face of it - your story so far seems similar to the above.
If this is the case - you will soon get people at your door - looking for high value items they purchased from “you” online.
Cheers
Steve

When he is asking questions it is rude not to listen to answers .
No he didn't, the op told what he saw as a frustrating story of corporate stupidity and everyone else has started telling him what he should do. He hasn't asked for your advice and certainly didn't ask to be shouted at because you need to feel you are correct all the time.

so there advice was to bin parcels !!!!!!!!!

They told me to do that with an Amazon Echo, they delivered it somewhere else and a lot of arguing later they sent a replacement. Then few weeks later i went to the garage for a sandwich and they saw my work T-shirt and said we have a package for you, it was my missing Echo.

When i called amazon they instructed me to bin it to which i replied was crazy just generate a return and i'll send it back, in the end they said to keep it however these things need to be linked to your account and they deactivated the device as it was "lost" so i had to call back to have the thing reactivated the whole thing was ridiculous they were very insistent to throw it in the bin ... not very environmentally friendly.

I gave it to my sister in the end as i only wanted it for the radio in the kitchen.

It is for people to track parcels they are waiting for . Sometimes I receive a tracking number from a seller on eBay , without being told which carrier is bringing the item . Often I can recognise numbers as likely to be one carrier or another , but not always

I get that but what use is it to the Original Poster, he has the parcel now!

The OP states he does not know which carrier delivered his parcels . With the consignment number which MUST be on his packages , he can identify the carrier and therefore contact them directly, and ask them to return the unwanted items , citing the deliveries as the result of identity theft . The carrier will be able to determine the origin of the parcels from their records .

Fulfilled by Amazon wont have delivery note inside or a conventional carrier tracking label on the package.

His other option is to report the suspected identity theft to the police and hand the evidence into the police station .

In my experience Police will do nothing as he has not suffered any actual losses, they will say to report to Action Fraud.

thanks all for suggestion

but as you see from thread its just crazy

lol have any of you ever asked what alex has stored about you even when you think its off ?

sometimes its silly to think how far tech has come as time saver, yet how much more time we spend fighting it

Have got got Alexa? 🤔 :rolleyes:

Def no to Alexa !!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not a fan of them type of gagets

I guess ill wait and see what happens next im sure this is not the end of it all.

Hi,
Saw a similar story recently on a consumer program.
Person received a number of unsolicited parcels over the course of a week or two.
A few weeks later they started receiving people on their doorstep looking for goods they had purchased online that they had paid for.
It seems that the receivers address had been used by a scammer to create a false selling identity and those initial parcels were used to create positive feedback - that lured the scammed people into a false sense of security over the sellers reputation.
On the face of it - your story so far seems similar to the above.
If this is the case - you will soon get people at your door - looking for high value items they purchased from “you” online.
Cheers
Steve

He can say, I called Amazon and they told me to chuck it in the bin.

Reactions: 219
They told me to do that with an Amazon Echo, they delivered it somewhere else and a lot of arguing later they sent a replacement. Then few weeks later i went to the garage for a sandwich and they saw my work T-shirt and said we have a package for you, it was my missing Echo.

When i called amazon they instructed me to bin it to which i replied was crazy just generate a return and i'll send it back, in the end they said to keep it however these things need to be linked to your account and they deactivated the device as it was "lost" so i had to call back to have the thing reactivated the whole thing was ridiculous they were very insistent to throw it in the bin ... not very environmentally friendly.

I gave it to my sister in the end as i only wanted it for the radio in the kitchen.

You are talking about Amazon. The words "environmentally friendly" don't fit in with their vocabulary.

Maybe a diligent Amazon employee (an oxymoron) will take the parcels back to a depot. Unlikely as they are all on minimum wage and could not care less about customer service.

The bit in bold is untrue, is this because you are trolling or are you ignorant of how Amazon pays it's employees?

Over the years we have received a telescope instead of a tripod and 2 cameras instead of one. They were not interested in having the items returned, so, sold the camera and still have the telescope.

Over the years we have received a telescope instead of a tripod and 2 cameras instead of one. They were not interested in having the items returned, so, sold the camera and still have the telescope.

What use is a telescope without a tripod.........? :doh:

Off-topic post, but yes, it's unlikely that The Guardian will warm-up to minimum-wage employers like Amazon.
They are not minimum wage though, basic hourly rate is above minimum and you can imagine the access to overtime in the current climate.

Besides the Guardian article is about self employed couriers who manage to get a gig with Amazon.

Typical twisting of facts by Chipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom