AMG A35 Owners Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Waterwheel at Howden can’t be more than an hour away , you’re welcome to pop along to a Breakfast Meeting ;)

I’m only half an hour away from here, my lasses parents live at Bubwith so kick about a fair bit.

E
Having been a cliosport.net member for 16 years, im very familiar with communities where nothing else is better ;)

Did you hand the car back and not replace it with another?

Could you let me know the group names? I will get myself added

Enjoy it, ex Cliosport member too.

I’ve had a couple of minor issues with mine but nothing terrible , it’s a new model so I expected some issues. One annoying one though that I cannot seem to get fixed is a click click sound from the screens. Like a rattle but more of a click click, if i pull the screen gently towards me it stops. Has been back 3 times now and still does it grrrrrr

Hi all, I've had sign-off from the other half to pick up an A35, so hoping to join you all in 'the club' soon!

One thing - I've noticed that both the blue and red colours no longer feature on the pricelist. Is this correct or am I going loopy?
I can't believe Merc would drop the only two colours (other than yellow) and keep white, white, silver, silver, grey, grey, black as the only options...

I'm a chronic owner of blue cars so I'm getting a bit nervous at having to pick a different colour!!!

Hi guys,

just thought I would introduce myself. I joined the forum a good few years ago but my merc ownership didn’t last long on that occasion.

I have an A35 premium in black being delivered on Thursday. It’s actually going to be for the Mrs although I hope to have use it every now and again. It is replacing her mk7 GTI.

It will be interesting comparing it to my own car which is golf r estate (7.5). Mine also has a tuning box installed. Prior to that a had an S3, so the two cars that the A35 is up against.

The mrs test drove the A35 but I didn’t bother. She is a full blown petrol head and owned/driven almost all the main hot hatches. We were about to order another Golf R (yes sad I know) but I managed to encourage her to go with A35 as the current R is about to discontinued. The A35 interior was enough to convince me.

After messing about trying to buy one a lease company I have used rang me as the had a black premium with smart phone and did a decent deal on it undercutting a pcp by nearly £90 a month. Yes we would have loved the big wheels and spoiler but with a lease the options hammer you on the monthly’s.

I have read through this whole tread and looking forward to my first drive... hoping to avoid any annoying rattles or issues.

just a quick one, the maintenance package on the deal was stupid expensive so plan on buying the service plan from merc. I think it’s £29 a month, does this actually save you any money against the cost of paying in full come service time?

Thanks

Darlo

Welcome, Darlo, two nice motors you'll have, and a petrol head Mrs, that sounds perfect to me. :D

Welcome, Darlo, two nice motors you'll have, and a petrol head Mrs, that sounds perfect to me. :D

Ahhhh yes you would think so wouldn’t you... but it turns out to be quite expensive! She also point blank refuses to drive my R because it is an estate :D

just a quick one, the maintenance package on the deal was stupid expensive so plan on buying the service plan from merc. I think it’s £29 a month, does this actually save you any money against the cost of paying in full come service time?
When I got mine I worked out that it would save me a little with the plan so I went for it. I also felt it was worth it as it will guard against any increase in servicing prices. I was surprised it was only £29 to be honest as I think that's the same across the whole A-class range.

When I got mine I worked out that it would save me a little with the plan so I went for it. I also felt it was worth it as it will guard against any increase in servicing prices. I was surprised it was only £29 to be honest as I think that's the same across the whole A-class range.

cheers for the information. I have arranged for a call back tomorrow so I can sort the service pack out. At £29 it seems silly not to do it

I replaced it straight away, I had to as it was my daily transport. I bought a new Golf GTI TCR.

The Facebook group is called Mercedes AMG A35/CLA35 Owners Group

Hi Chris,

Obviously did not go for the A 35 AMG in the end, and was just going to select another Golf R, but like you ended up with a Pure Grey TCR with Akrapovic exhaust - Just completed 1000 miles and have to say absolutely loving it, was a little nervous dropping the AWD but the TCR is completely assured on the P Zeros and with the DCC the ride is brilliant - Not seen another on the road yet which is another added bonus.

The TCR is a different drive to the R, the 290 BHP with the 100 KG weight drop definitely makes it feel responsive and brisk - its a really fun and rewarding drive

How you getting on with the TCR?

Hi Chris,

Obviously did not go for the A 35 AMG in the end, and was just going to select another Golf R, but like you ended up with a Pure Grey TCR with Akrapovic exhaust - Just completed 1000 miles and have to say absolutely loving it, was a little nervous dropping the AWD but the TCR is completely assured on the P Zeros and with the DCC the ride is brilliant - Not seen another on the road yet which is another added bonus.

The TCR is a different drive to the R, the 290 BHP with the 100 KG weight drop definitely makes it feel responsive and brisk - its a really fun and rewarding drive

How you getting on with the TCR?

Hi,

Yeah getting on really well with the TCR, yet to see another one on the road which is nice. The Akrapovic would have been nice, mine has just past 3k miles and the exhaust note has really started to sound nice.

Just had mine detailed and a ceramic coating applied, very happy with results.

TCR_7.jpg
TCR_1.jpg

Hi,

Yeah getting on really well with the TCR, yet to see another one on the road which is nice. The Akrapovic would have been nice, mine has just past 3k miles and the exhaust note has really started to sound nice.

Just had mine detailed and a ceramic coating applied, very happy with results.

View attachment 90210
View attachment 90211

Only seen an R with full detail and ceramic coating in flesh which looked amazing even to closest inspection and as good as them photos are, bet it looks even better in person,

Mine had a wash, light clay, light polish and collonite finish which is holding up well, keeping its bead and looking great after an occasional £2 spent on Jet Wash Blast (never use brush) just to get the surface muck off from these dirty roads we on now.

I really like the Akrapovic the tips look great and the sound is increasingly improving, had its first cracks yesterday and there is a nice deep overrun burble, but I may have felt differently if it cost me £3000 more given the stock exhaust is more than decent in its own right. The Stock is tuned so it does have its own nice note, and you could even say the large chrome tips are classic GTI and so more in keeping with the car? That £3000 is a lot to pay for name and status over what is already a decent exhaust set up.

Still been following the A 35 AMG to see how they are bedding in, and a colleague took the plunge and he really likes it, but he has also noticed a few creaks and minor build issues. Given how taken to the TCR and its relatively uniqueness, definitely not looking back on my decision to pass over the A 35 AMG but do think from the face lift version on the A 35 AMG will gain more popularity as you hope the issues are addressed and the little up lifts are added.

Think the A 35 AMG could do with some more aggressive styling on any face lift that sits below the Aerodynamic Pack as if you do not option that they are harder to spot amongst other MB A Series models - The Aerodynamic Pack is maybe too much? Anyways, be interesting to see how the A 35 AMG evolves.

Just come in from a very pleasant drive down some wide and twisting roads that know well, nothing but smiles, keep enjoying the TCR.

Only seen an R with full detail and ceramic coating in flesh which looked amazing even to closest inspection and as good as them photos are, bet it looks even better in person,

Mine had a wash, light clay, light polish and collonite finish which is holding up well, keeping its bead and looking great after an occasional £2 spent on Jet Wash Blast (never use brush) just to get the surface muck off from these dirty roads we on now.

I really like the Akrapovic the tips look great and the sound is increasingly improving, had its first cracks yesterday and there is a nice deep overrun burble, but I may have felt differently if it cost me £3000 more given the stock exhaust is more than decent in its own right. The Stock is tuned so it does have its own nice note, and you could even say the large chrome tips are classic GTI and so more in keeping with the car? That £3000 is a lot to pay for name and status over what is already a decent exhaust set up.

Still been following the A 35 AMG to see how they are bedding in, and a colleague took the plunge and he really likes it, but he has also noticed a few creaks and minor build issues. Given how taken to the TCR and its relatively uniqueness, definitely not looking back on my decision to pass over the A 35 AMG but do think from the face lift version on the A 35 AMG will gain more popularity as you hope the issues are addressed and the little up lifts are added.

Think the A 35 AMG could do with some more aggressive styling on any face lift that sits below the Aerodynamic Pack as if you do not option that they are harder to spot amongst other MB A Series models - The Aerodynamic Pack is maybe too much? Anyways, be interesting to see how the A 35 AMG evolves.

Just come in from a very pleasant drive down some wide and twisting roads that know well, nothing but smiles, keep enjoying the TCR.

It looks really well, very pleased with it but I knew it would as the guy who carried out the work as detailed my last 3 cars. I know of at least 2 other A35s locally that had similar issues to mine, however I don't know if they were handed back, fixed etc. I am unlikely to ever own a MB again, when my TCR is due to be replaced I have promised myself a Porsche, 2 seater cars haven't been an option for me but in 2 years time they will be.

A service light has popped up at 750 miles. Is this when the first service is?

Only had the car 2 weeks .

cheers

A service light has popped up at 750 miles. Is this when the first service is?

Only had the car 2 weeks .

cheers

False alert that some others have had, doesn't require a service until 12k or when its a year old which ever comes first.

Live with it or head to the dealers to have it reset.

Thanks for the reply. Is the power limited when breaking in the engine. I’ve heard with some other manufacturers they have different maps for breaking in the engine. Once a certain mile is reached then more power is enabled etc?
Cheers

Thanks for the reply. Is the power limited when breaking in the engine. I’ve heard with some other manufacturers they have different maps for breaking in the engine. Once a certain mile is reached then more power is enabled etc?
Cheers

The advice is to not exceed 4.5k in revs or go over 80mph for the first 1000miles, there isn't anything reducing the power output.

Hi - guys. Do any of you have the 19” wheels fitted and if so do you have any issues with stone chips / road rash on the lower panels. I have the A45 and they are well known for road rash. I’ve just ordered a pair of carbonwurks guards for the front to see what difference they make. Just wondered if you guys had the same issues ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom