AMG badge......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I believe I was your last passenger in that car, and yes, no AMG badge needed to announce it's arrival!

You were indeed sir, it had been decided that actual week that it was heading to a new home. :(

I still miss it...

Not much point be-badging mine :D

24019136942_25bd678fca_z.jpg
DSCF4387 by Notwens, on Flickr
Great job on getting that plate lol

I only have a E350 Sport so didn't mind taking them off. It's a 300bhp 350 so a little wolf in sheep's clothing lol
But if it was a true AMG......noooooo!

No badges on my old 'AMG'. I like to blend in.

... and then the latest 4.0tt would have had to be an E40 AMG, and the new E53 an E30. Doesn’t sound that great. Sooner or later there’ll probably be a PHEV AMG and what would that be called! Oh, and the idea of an A20 AMG sounds fairly rubbish.

Oddly I have an E500 with a 5.5 engine, which must be unique: offhand I can’t think of another German car with a badge smaller than its engine capacity. Not sure what happened in the marketing department for that one! (Though mine is debadged anyway so it’s not terribly relevant in my case.)

In the USA it was badged as E550. Don’t know why Europe was different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do AMG-line cars have any AMG badging from the shop?

I know Audi have S-line badges everywhere, but in the wrong colour IIRC, and BMW put M-sport badges on for that trim level as well. Bit of a con really.

There is a 220cdi down the road from me with an AMG badge stuck on the back. lolz.

Do AMG-line cars have any AMG badging from the shop?

I know Audi have S-line badges everywhere, but in the wrong colour IIRC, and BMW put M-sport badges on for that trim level as well. Bit of a con really.

There is a 220cdi down the road from me with an AMG badge stuck on the back. lolz.
Nope. Well, mine has the AMG logo on the mats and wheels, but not on the bodywork.

I don't see the difference between non AMG cars wearing the badge on non AMG cars similar to M sport to BMW, S line to Audi, ST line to Ford and so on.

Nowadays it'd seem to be the trim level and not the mechanical level. It's proved to be a good form of marketing that has worked quite well. Personally I wouldn't make my car seem to be any different than what it is.

Nor does it bother me.

Last edited:
I think it’s pretty sad that people get bothered!! If they have paid good well earned money on the car they can do what ever pleases them, I think chill, we’re not all robots, and there is a lot worse happening, if they think an AMG badge looks good on their car go for it

Yep, stage one map.....from 275 to 305hp & 701nm :)

Quoting power in hp and torque in Nm is at least as pretentious as upping the badging. Just willy waving, chasing the biggest numbers.
There's good reason to keep both numbers in imperial units though. Clue: 5250.

Quoting power in hp and torque in Nm is at least as pretentious as upping the badging. Just willy waving, chasing the biggest numbers.
Having power in hp and torque in Nm gives bigger numbers which must be better innit.

I like it both ways! I have an A210 which has an AMG badge on the boot ( think it was standard ) but is not a real AMG.
So I had to get a real AMG and bought an SLK55 AMG a month later so that I could go to Benz on the Green without feeling inferior

I was just answering a question, so what?

There’s a dealer near me advertising a 218 CLS 63 with 6.3 badges above the Bi-Turbo wing badges...so it’s not exclusive to those at the lower end...

Saved Adverts
Even the 6.3 badges were wrong, should be 6.2 as I'm sure virtually everyone already knows
What! Isn't that how everyone quotes them?

So im seeing more and more "AMG" badges on the boots on 220 250 ect ect......with the AMG trims, wheels and some with painted calipers ect ect.
But does that make it a "full" "real" AMG?
I thought only the 45 55 63 engines ect ect where the only ones with the AMG badges on? I could be wrong but just asking the question. My E350 has a lot of AMG kit on it but i wouldn't put a badge on the boot.
Silly question?
f
So im seeing more and more "AMG" badges on the boots on 220 250 ect ect......with the AMG trims, wheels and some with painted calipers ect ect.
But does that make it a "full" "real" AMG?
I thought only the 45 55 63 engines ect ect where the only ones with the AMG badges on? I could be wrong but just asking the question. My E350 has a lot of AMG kit on it but i wouldn't put a badge on the boot.
Silly question?
Technically speaking no AMG can be called a 'real' AMG (including my own C55) if it was made after 1st January 2005. That's the day Mr Aufrecht sold his remaining shares in AMG to DaimlerChrysler and AMG as a separate entity ceased to exist.

Oh Bloody hell here we go...my badges should say C5.4 not C55...happy now :p !

Reactions: Nat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom