AMG showdown @ MBworld

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking like sat on Brooklands track. 🤔😎

Yes that's correct, it's the remains of what is left of the original Brooklands track. 👍

Some amazing cars, thanks for the pics

Great to meet you today, Addis, Sukh and few others. Lovely to check your cars and enjoy a day out with fellow forum members, my daughter and I lovely time. Thank you for putting our names down and rounding up the troops.

Loving your pictures and the video shoot out between you and Sukh, both sound epic!

So you did take a picture of every car….. liking the end pictures and “showdown”..

thanks for the good day..

So you did take a picture of every car….. liking the end pictures and “showdown”..

thanks for the good day..

Your welcome friend, was an absolute pleasure meet again and looking forward to Simply Mercedes 🙂

Your beast is at post 115, approx 15 photos down👍

Yes that's correct, it's the remains of what is left of the original Brooklands track. 👍
Jogged a fantastic memory from way back.
Remember it very differently on my visit in 70/71 when the whole site was owned by the British Aircraft Corporation.
A college arranged day visit as a then engineering apprentice, we were touring the entire site and on entering the landing gear building the guide noticed a small man in a tweed suit over in a corner stood studying something on a bench.
Hang on a second lads said the guide popping over to speak to the old gentleman and on his return he said gleefully, “would any of you like to meet Barnes Wallis”. A handshake never forgotten. 👌

Jogged a fantastic memory from way back.
Remember it very differently on my visit in 70/71 when the whole site was owned by the British Aircraft Corporation.
A college arranged day visit as a then engineering apprentice, we were touring the entire site and on entering the landing gear building the guide noticed a small man in a tweed suit over in a corner stood studying something on a bench.
Hang on a second lads said the guide popping over to speak to the old gentleman and on his return he said gleefully, “would any of you like to meet Barnes Wallis”. A handshake never forgotten. 👌

At Brooklands Museum site, can experience the slope, its dangerously steep. Been there to a different event and had packed lunch at the top 🙂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some great pic and thanks to those that took the time and effort to post them.....its not the easiest forum for that....at least for me!

Found it impossible to pic my favourite to be honest.

Sad that the cops felt it necessary to be there checking plates.......although I agree there were a lot of dodgy ones (4d, miss-spaced, stick on vinyl etc)....not wanting to sound liker a boring old git.....but you really think they might have something better to do!!! As long as you can clearly read it, does it really matter?...yeah I know, the law is the law!!

@badgx That'll fill the forum servers up! I know you said you were out to photograph all the cars but, wow, I think you got them all!! Was great to meet you and the other forum members that I saw, I had to go early as I have a few things I needed to do.

@badgx That'll fill the forum servers up! I know you said you were out to photograph all the cars but, wow, I think you got them all!! Was great to meet you and the other forum members that I saw, I had to go early as I have a few things I needed to do.

That's absolutely fine friend, we finally got to put names to faces and also looking forward to Simply Mercedes for some more opportunity 🙂

Some great pic and thanks to those that took the time and effort to post them.....its not the easiest forum for that....at least for me!

Sad that the cops felt it necessary to be there checking plates.......although I agree there were a lot of dodgy ones (4d, miss-spaced, stick on vinyl etc)....not wanting to sound liker a boring old git.....but you really think they might have something better to do!!! As long as you can clearly read it, does it really matter?...yeah I know, the law is the law!!
There were Police there all day. I didn’t seem them “have stern words” with anyone. I suspect is a visible presence to help people resist the temptation of anti social driving and do “community” engagement type stuff.

Would assume any police presence had bugger all to do with the large number of non legal plates and non road legal exhaust system and yes they will certainly have other things to do and quite probably were walking around saying the exact same thing to eachother. Also yes it does really matter, and it's not just because it's the law, as an example the ANPR cameras will struggle to read number plates that are not in the standard font and spacing let line raised, be mindful that all the fancy plate companies have a disclaimer that they are not for road use. If you're pride and joy in a fancy plate gets stolen one of the first things you'd hope for is the police would run it through the ANPR system which will no doubt return no matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom