• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

AMG split rim advice needed please?

zoros

Car
SL55 AMG
I have a set of AMG split rim wheels. 9J on the front and 10J on the back.
The spoke sections are mint but the outer rims are starting to corrode and quite tacky. They are beyond enamel baking etc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply the rim section of these split rim wheels please?

Thanks in advance.

These are two piece wheels, not three - the outer and inner barrel are one piece. You are unlikely to find the barrels off the shelf but you can diamond cut them so long they have not corroded badly. Worst case, prime & paint the lip sparkle silver. Check out Pristine Alloy Wheels in Milton Keynes, they can help.

I have a set of AMG split rim wheels. 9J on the front and 10J on the back.
The spoke sections are mint but the outer rims are starting to corrode and quite tacky. They are beyond enamel baking etc.
Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can supply the rim section of these split rim wheels please?

Thanks in advance.

Lepsons at Gillingham will get it sorted give them a call.

Or try JP alloys in Cannock.

Wheel worx in Colchester did one of mine for me when the other half tapped a kerb.

they split the wheel, diamond cut and lacquered and re-assembled it

Paying a visit to Guildford soon. The quote for a total rebuild including diamond cut, enamelling, ovenwork and black chrome finish is £890. Fantastic price. Let's hope they follow through?

I had all x4 19" Split Rims replaced on my SL55 P30, this was around 18 months ago.

At the time I was told that they had around 3x fronts and around 7x rears left in the MB warehouse in Germany, they said that they were obsolete and their would be no more production runs.

Just do not break one, avoid every pot hole.

Using Lepsons in Gillingham
Seem very competent so far.

5439 how much did you pay for the new rims?

Ah ok, it was your mention of Guildford (just down the road from me) that confused me :D

lepsons have a good rep

Seem very competent so far.

5439 how much did you pay for the new rims?

It was around £500 each for the fronts and around £600 each for the rears (I cannot remember if that was plus or included vat.

I think that they may have sold all the front ones by now, give your local MB parts a call.

5439 I'm sticking with Lepsons, methinks. Full diamond cut, enamel oven bake for the rest with black chrome finish, re-balance and courier service back to home address for £890 inc vat for the 4. They also straighten any mild buckles or dents. What do you think?.

5439 I'm sticking with Lepsons, methinks. Full diamond cut, enamel oven bake for the rest with black chrome finish, re-balance and courier service back to home address for £890 inc vat for the 4. They also straighten any mild buckles or dents. What do you think?.

I started out down a similar road, mine were sent to Pristine Wheels in Milton Keynes. They found that one was buckled and beyond repair (I had not noticed) so I was looking at 1x new one and 3x refurbs so it made more sense to replace them all. The old ones made £900 on ebay so it worked out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom