• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

And they continue to deny any responsibility

Last edited:
I genuinely want to be provided with proof that I don't need to worry. I want to see evidence that all the reports I far too regularly read and hear about pollution, in particular from diesel cars, are nonsense and that none of any our children will ever suffer as a consequence.

It's all true, all your fears are well founded, me and everyone else bought a diesel car to kill all the children.

You are *not* a nutter, it's all true.

The greatest problem facing the world at the moment is the exponential growth in population...and yet, knowing this, every bleeding heart is trying to make it worse.

So, as I mentioned in another thread, I hope I live to 100, but I hope this isn't the norm.

Does anyone else see knighterrant as an errant knight fighting for a cause which is lost.

My diesels stay.

What renault12ts says is right up my street but there is nothing I can do about.

Does anyone else see knighterrant as an errant knight fighting for a cause which is lost.

I suspect not, however, I wouldn't want to silence him for having an unpopular view. I'm often at odds to the rest of the forum.

I'm buying an M-B diesel too and run a Saab one now, but think long term, 10-20 years say, diesels days are numbered. And the European countries that are aiming to drastically reduce or ban fossil fuel powered cars will likely hit diesels first, by prohibitive (for most people) taxation or otherwise.
Having a calm dialogue about the pros/cons of diesel (or anything else) is good, but I, for one, won't be tryting to persuade people to go one way or the other. People's choice of fuel is a personal decision and those should be respected imo.

As I'm going through the process of a lot of trouble with our GLC43AMG our family is starting to look at alternatives. And I must admit, besides Mercedes there is hardly anything available from other car manufacturers that make nice petrol engined SUVs. I quite fancy a Tesla Model X but daughter 1 hates that it doesn't make any noise, daughter 2 loves it, wife finds it a mens car. Porsche Macan is too cramped for our liking. I am starting to think we are stuffed. Also the competition doesn't really do ad blue tanks either to their diesels in nice model specifications. And my wife and daughters think the F-Pace (supercharged) is too common :(

This is getting hard #firstworldproblems

The greatest problem facing the world at the moment is the exponential growth in population...and yet, knowing this, every bleeding heart is trying to make it worse.

So, as I mentioned in another thread, I hope I live to 100, but I hope this isn't the norm.

Totally agree, particularly in London where there is a very dense population, therefore all traffic virtually crawls along spending much longer pumping out toxins than was the case a few years ago.

The same parties that like uncontrolled immigration are the same parties that are moaning about diesels, and make no mistake once they get their way with diesel petrol will be the next target.

I purchased my E350 new last year and really believed as it is an EU6 rating I was doing the right thing.

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying I purchased a 3 litre car to be green.

Politicians along with the greens seem to periodically get a bee in their bonnet be it nuclear power or whatever cause they think will move on their agenda.

Trees and the rain forest is my thing, I love them they are the lungs of the earth and the leaves remove toxins from the atmosphere, but that does not stop the rush to dig them up for new homes or roads.

Phew!
I best check my blood pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought eu6 NOx output was almost at petrol levels

Totally agree, particularly in London where there is a very dense population, therefore all traffic virtually crawls along spending much longer pumping out toxins than was the case a few years ago.

The same parties that like uncontrolled immigration are the same parties that are moaning about diesels, and make no mistake once they get their way with diesel petrol will be the next target.

I purchased my E350 new last year and really believed as it is an EU6 rating I was doing the right thing.

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying I purchased a 3 litre car to be green.

Politicians along with the greens seem to periodically get a bee in their bonnet be it nuclear power or whatever cause they think will move on their agenda.

Trees and the rain forest is my thing, I love them they are the lungs of the earth and the leaves remove toxins from the atmosphere, but that does not stop the rush to dig them up for new homes or roads.

Phew!
I best check my blood pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A current Mercedes 350d with bluetec doesn't really fall within this category I would argue. The mass emissions are significantly less

I drove a few diesel cars in the past but they were all company cars.

None of the cars myself or Mrs MJ bought privately were diesel. We both prefer petrol engines. Always have done.

Then came the Kia....it ticked every box apart from the fact that it had a diesel engine. Which would make no sense in a car that does 1,000 miles a year. But we bought it anyway. We thought we'll just live with it, the car was otherwise perfect for Mrs MJ's needs.

Today we took the car to Paris. 70 miles from central London to the Eurotunnel terminal, then 150 miles to CDG.

Total of 220 motorway miles and the tank is not yet half empty.

Setting aside any costs consideration, I can see the attraction of a car that does not need frequent refueling stops on long journeys.

Not sure how pure-EVs are going to achieve that any time soon.

Last edited:
Aye, not til there is a revolution in battery tech.

As I'm going through the process of a lot of trouble with our GLC43AMG our family is starting to look at alternatives. And I must admit, besides Mercedes there is hardly anything available from other car manufacturers that make nice petrol engined SUVs. I quite fancy a Tesla Model X but daughter 1 hates that it doesn't make any noise, daughter 2 loves it, wife finds it a mens car. Porsche Macan is too cramped for our liking. I am starting to think we are stuffed. Also the competition doesn't really do ad blue tanks either to their diesels in nice model specifications. And my wife and daughters think the F-Pace (supercharged) is too common :(

This is getting hard #firstworldproblems

Clearly the best choice would be a Range Rover Sport SVR, perhaps a Cayenne Turbo:p.

Clearly the best choice would be a Range Rover Sport SVR, perhaps a Cayenne Turbo:p.

Appreciate the thoughts, but the RR Sport is just way too common. And the Cayenne never floated my boat, I would rather get myself another GLS.

The irony of the situation is that if we all switched to electric powered cars, the government would probably have to shut down power stations for not complying with the latest international standards.

It doesn't matter what fuel we use, there is a risk to humanity. We are years away from a useable solar powered car, and cars powered by wind would prove unreliable.

Whether we burn fuel directly or use a renewable source that produces power remotely, there is a process that will still contribute toxins into the atmosphere.

We don't produce enough power to be able to cope if there was a mass migration to electric powered vehicles. More power stations would have to be built and that brings up a whole host of new problems and arguments.

I would imagine large central power stations would be more easily controlled and maintained than hundreds of thousands of individual polluting cars? EV is the future of transportation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom