Another excuse for a Mod...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
German oil burner
Ok, one of my kick plates fell off a few months back and i ignored it... but now that the second one has broken off i now have the perfect excuse to get some nice shiny MB ones :D

I've seen quite a few of you guys on this forum with 202's who had nice kickplates... can you recommend where i buy them from? (Dont say the stealer!)

Last edited:
How about here?

202 680 0735 FRONT Kick plates quoted from MB = £25.60 EACH

202 680 0735 REAR Kick plates quoted from MB = £8.90 EACH

so thats £69 for the lot, bit pricey but i just might treat myself to that :)

202 680 0735 FRONT Kick plates quoted from MB = £25.60 EACH

202 680 0735 REAR Kick plates quoted from MB = £8.90 EACH

so thats £69 for the lot, bit pricey but i just might treat myself to that :)

Those codes arent for the ones in my link - they are for the backing plates im afraid. I do have the W202/W210 price booklet at home with the correct codes. They are/were around £55 each though :crazy:

Mine were off eBay BIN price - seller had no idea of the value :bannana:

Those codes arent for the ones in my link - they are for the backing plates im afraid. I do have the W202/W210 price booklet at home with the correct codes. They are/were around £55 each though :crazy:

Mine were off eBay BIN price - seller had no idea of the value :bannana:

I'm a bit confused now, if they aren't the part numbers for the kick plates what are they?? there's nothing underneath the kick plates...

The parts salesmen on the phone told me they were stainless steel kick plates (or so thats what the diagram told him!)

Fronts
A2026860445 Elegance / Sport / Sport Edition £97 ea from MB
B66021005 "Sport" DTM Edition £50 ea from MB
A2026800735 9051 Front entrance Rail £26.50 ea from MB
Rears
A2026800335 9051 Rear entrance rail £9.21 ea from MB
A2026860145 DTM Edition Rear cover No price avail.
A2026860345 Unknown Code No price

From EPC using part# from killerhertz link as starter

Interesting - only covers the exisiting sill plates, but as he makes them himself I wonder if he can do alternative logos (DTM Sport, plain Mercedes or MBClub:D)

e-bay message sent.
Seller got back to me - yes he can do alternative logos (and sizes so if you want a peice of stainless steel elsewhere he coudl be usedful). Anyone feeling creative?

Seller got back to me - yes he can do alternative logos (and sizes so if you want a peice of stainless steel elsewhere he coudl be usedful). Anyone feeling creative?

I am:) Ive also contacted him

So if i asked this guy to provide with new kick plates he would do that also?

I originally wanted some stainless steel replacements... I've seen it on loads of members' cars but as i'm starting to understand now... these are just normal sills with stickers on them??

i'm confused! :confused:

So if i asked this guy to provide with new kick plates he would do that also?

I originally wanted some stainless steel replacements... I've seen it on loads of members' cars but as i'm starting to understand now... these are just normal sills with stickers on them??

i'm confused! :confused:
Just flat stainless steel plates (with logo) that stick onto the current plastic kick plates (pull off the original shiny strip first). So not the full kick plate on the front as KHz's photos (but more like the rear).

Hmm - I wonder what Desilva's thinking of?

Okay, the black plastic 'Base' is the part numbers you have already posted. for the Metal Mercedes-Benz covers the codes are:

Set of 4: B6 689 0003 - £162* according to my 2001 C & E Class Accessories booklet

The metal covers use the black plastic covers to attach to the car. Have a look at your exisiting covers, the code number is prob the same as what you posted?

* Expect it to be more expensive now

Last edited:
Okay, the black plastic 'Base' is the part numbers you have already posted. for the Metal Mercedes-Benz covers the codes are:

Set of 4: B6 689 0003 - £162* according to my 2001 C & E Class Accessories booklet

The metal covers use the black plastic covers to attach to the car. Have a look at your exisiting covers, the code number is prob the same as what you posted?

* Expect it to be more expensive now

£168 +vat from MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom