• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Another newbie - C63 AMG Coupe

8bit

Car
2013 C63 AMG Coupe
Another new owner here, in Aberdeen, Scotland. I picked this up last week to replace my recently departed (but much loved) Jaguar XKR Coupe.

DSC_1385.jpg

The colour is Diamond Silver which I gather is fairly rare on these? I'd been watching these for a few months and I'm pretty certain this is the only one I've seen in this shade. I wanted a silver one anyway as silver shows off the lines on a car very well and this one appealed on rarity factor as well. It also has the factory LSD which I wanted. It was up for sale at an independent dealer near Southampton on the south coast of England so was a good 12 hour drive home!

There are a couple of minor issues to get sorted, the steering wheel is slightly off to the right when travelling dead ahead, probably just needs wheel alignment. There's a rumbling from the rear at motorway speeds which sounds like a worn wheel bearing to me. The selling dealer is organising a local garage to put those right. The sunroof is slow and erratic when sliding horizontally, some Googling suggests that the tracks likely need cleaned and lubricated so I have a small tin of grease on the way from eBay for that.

Loving the car so far though, looking forward to getting to know it better!

Hi and welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum and the car looks great, stunning colour. What other options does it have? I'm sure you'll get the niggles sorted soon

Thanks both! Regards options, I'm not really sure what things were options or packs on these. MBDecoder build spec doesn't seem to list PP or PPP and I don't think it's an Edition 125 car but not sure how I'd tell? It has COMAND Online I think, traffic sign recognition, auto high beam assist, mirror package, TPMS, heated seats, reversing camera, loads of other things I imagine are probably standard.

Hi and welcome 👍

Hi and welcome 😀 edition 1 means nothing its just a badge on these ,looks a lovely car Enjoy 😉

Thanks both! Regards options, I'm not really sure what things were options or packs on these. MBDecoder build spec doesn't seem to list PP or PPP and I don't think it's an Edition 125 car but not sure how I'd tell? It has COMAND Online I think, traffic sign recognition, auto high beam assist, mirror package, TPMS, heated seats, reversing camera, loads of other things I imagine are probably standard.
Tell tale signs of PP or PPP are red brake calipers and a dark grey engine cover and carbon fibre rear spoiler.

Reversing camera was an extra. Lots of nice standard kit on these so you don't need much in terms of extras

I think you mean intake Not engine cover 😉

Cool, cheers for that. My intake manifold is fairly light grey, the calipers are grey and the boot lid spoiler is body-colour. Were these really all just cosmetic changes? I understood that the PP/PPP cars had "better" brake discs?

The full spec ppp car was
Red calipers
Carbon boot spoiler
Titanium colour intake
Bigger brake discs which look like 2 piece but arnt
SLS iforged nternals (487bhp)
That's about it
Pp cars had the LSD and sports suspension but no engine upgrades and normal colour intake 🙂

They are exactly the same size as the standard brake discs. The only difference is they are around 3kg lighter from the aluminium bell that's cast into the rotors.

I know its all on the options list, but on the face of it you can Paint the calipers red, do or buy the steering wheel, buy the Carbon Spoiler and Discs. I have never seen the engine Inlet changed or painted though!

I found when searching for a PPP, the only real 100% way to verify and satisfy me was to check the VIN with Mercedes, it is also highlighted on all the service docs as well!

It wasn't highlighted on any of my service docs ?
It does on the data card also run the vin to find out if it had the option 471 (lsd) as most owners-dealers thought it was standard ,I wasted many miles looking at cars which weren't as described 😳

Yes there the same size (I knew what I meant 😎

Attachments

• IMG-20230411-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20230411-WA0000.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 7
^^^ definitely not floating discs, looks similar to E class, lighter in weight and may also help dissipate heat a little better via opened ventilation through the bell.

Interesting, my '07 S211 came with floating discs. Not sure if it's an upgraded option or whether they all came factory fitted as standard? 🤔 20220416_153107.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom