Another "will these fit" question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igurisu

Car
911 Turbo
A set of wheels in the for sale section are 16x7.5 et40, was thinking of using them for winter tyres on the W209. Looking at the fitting chart Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd | Fitting Chart Index here they are not suitable.

I just wanted to check if the table is gospel, or if anybody with good knowledge can confirm or say different?

The offset is a little too much. Spacers would make them fit...but try them first, they may touch nothing on the inside.

yeh they are the ones, my parents live in manchester and i told him that if i could confirm they fit my w124 then i would have them and they would collect, i have been emailing him and he sent pics over, not sure what he is up to as i told him several days ago that i was very keen and just wanted size etc so i could confirm, but still he added to his thread that he was scrapping them if no offers, yet we had nearly done the deal

good luck seems to be messing about

No mate, I don't want to use spacers. Still looking for the right size at the moment on the bay :)

yeh they are the ones, my parents live in manchester and i told him that if i could confirm they fit my w124 then i would have them and they would collect, i have been emailing him and he sent pics over, not sure what he is up to as i told him several days ago that i was very keen and just wanted size etc so i could confirm, but still he added to his thread that he was scrapping them if no offers, yet we had nearly done the deal

good luck seems to be messing about
I wasn't messing about at all And wasn't up to anything besides selling the wheels! Michael, I think you have me mistaken for some sort of crook. I'm not, there are people on here who are of High standing on the forum who will vouch for me, I'm straight as an arrow fella! These have been up for sale since the 24/4/2011 for £140, So not up to anything or "Messing about".
They have been for sale since April this year??? See how I see things is, that I paid good money for these wheels a couple of years ago. If I had turned up in Wolverhampton and offered the guy £15 a rim, I would have been told to sod off! Ask most on here who know me, they will tell you, I don't mess about.
I have bout loads of stuff off here over the years and never Argued or Asked what was my lowest price. I have no idea why you thought the "Deal was Nearly done" I wasn't prepared to take your £15 a rim offer... Its not my problem that the tires won't allow you to fit them on your car. I also remember you contacting me a while back about a certain bit of Diagnostics kit I had in my possession.
I was selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it and YOU still asked what was my Lowest price. I told you it was my lowest price. You didn't reply? And guess what, I sold it recently for what I wanted for it. I have no idea why your making an issue of it and by the looks of it to loose me the sale of them. I think this is just sour grapes on your part Michael! Anyway they have been Scrapped, end of!

If you don't mind me asking Para Alpha, how much did they weigh in for?

I wasn't messing about at all And wasn't up to anything besides selling the wheels! Michael, I think you have me mistaken for some sort of crook. I'm not, there are people on here who are of High standing on the forum who will vouch for me, I'm straight as an arrow fella! These have been up for sale since the 24/4/2011 for £140, So not up to anything or "Messing about".
They have been for sale since April this year??? See how I see things is, that I paid good money for these wheels a couple of years ago. If I had turned up in Wolverhampton and offered the guy £15 a rim, I would have been told to sod off! Ask most on here who know me, they will tell you, I don't mess about.
I have bout loads of stuff off here over the years and never Argued or Asked what was my lowest price. I have no idea why you thought the "Deal was Nearly done" I wasn't prepared to take your £15 a rim offer... Its not my problem that the tires won't allow you to fit them on your car. I also remember you contacting me a while back about a certain bit of Diagnostics kit I had in my possession.
I was selling it for a fraction of what I paid for it and YOU still asked what was my Lowest price. I told you it was my lowest price. You didn't reply? And guess what, I sold it recently for what I wanted for it. I have no idea why your making an issue of it and by the looks of it to loose me the sale of them. I think this is just sour grapes on your part Michael! Anyway they have been Scrapped, end of!

ok, so i made a miss judgment about you! i am sorry about that, i dont think i need to be hung out to dry!

i came to this conclusion based on our communication, i emailed you several days before the weekend, i asked for the size, dimensions and part no.s, which i recieved over several days, of which i still didnt recieve a part no. i told you my parents lived in manchester and could collect (does that sound like someone just messing around) i also told you i would have them if they fitted, i was only waiting for confirmation on weather they were suitable for my car, as i recently bought a set of this forum. i was told they would fit and they didnt, so i lost £50 quid in the process, i just wanted to make sure that didnt happen, i did actually get back to within about 12hrs or so, i confirmed that i had been told they would fit so i emailed you back.

as for asking for your lowest price, its called the global recession, everyone has less money and people are just trying to tighten their belts, oh and i have never asked for a diagnostic kit for my car! i have asked for lots of bits on here but in the end for one reason or another i have decided against buying the part, i didnt realise once you asked a question about an item you had to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not sour grapes, at the end of the day i will find another set, they are only alloys!!!! however i thought it seemed odd why you would add another thread saying you were scrapping them when we were in serious talks over them.

either way you have scrapped them, thats was your choice, they were your alloys, i just think its a shame to scrap AMG alloys, especially considering the condition!

once again i didnt mean to offend and i certainly didnt call you a crook!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom