any thoughts on this car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good spec and colour.
Nice.
Personally, I would hope it didnt have more than 2 previous owners.
If you do get to the stage of actually thinking of buying it, make sure it comes with the full quota of TWO KEYS.
Keys are expensive at roughly £300 a pop - and only available from Mercedes.

126k for these and the 6pot diesels is nothing.

Ensure it has full history, preferably with receipts.

Do a FULL HPI including MOT check (take the ref number off the MOT certificate)

Make sure everything electric works.

If there is no evidence of an ATF change, use this to bargain the price down another £200.

Anyone know if it's still likely to be SBC equipped? If it still has, then ensure the SBC pump has been replaced recently (MB still do this under warranty)

Nice looking car in an unusual silver/black leather combo.....:p

When you drive it, load up the engine up hill. If the car judders then you might have coolant in the gearbox from the radiator. This will be expensive to put right, new radiator,torque covertor and possible gearbox.
Open the bonnet and listen for a blowing noise around the top of the engine, as sometimes the injector lower seal ring can leak. If left can be expensive to put right, if you take off the top engine cover you will see black deposits around the injector.
Also listen to the suspension when driving over bumps, if it knocks then could be worn bottom ball joints :thumb:

not yet but looks like I am going to, just want to do a hpi check

Looks like this is going to be mine

Seems like the car has lots of toys to play with. Enjoy it when you get it.

Good spec and colour.
Nice.
Personally, I would hope it didnt have more than 2 previous owners.
If you do get to the stage of actually thinking of buying it, make sure it comes with the full quota of TWO KEYS.
Keys are expensive at roughly £300 a pop - and only available from Mercedes.
Not sure where the £300 comes from?:confused: I was charged £180 for my W211 :confused:

its 300 euro min for a key in ireland

got the car with two keys and very nice it is not had too much time to play today hope for more time tommorow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom