anyone added Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seems to be a quarter or the price of the one I'm looking at which cost £455 from Integrated Automotive, would like to know what the differences are? sound quality and have they both got the same specs?
Im not sure but the sound is spot on in mine and everything works as it should

How do you use Google Maps/Wase? ie how do you input manual destinations?
I think you are meant to use Siri or Google Assistant. Or choose from Favourites.

So no screen keyboard comes up on center screen like the OEM sat nav?

Not on my Apple CarPlay (which is not on the Merc but on my other car).

You can enter the destination from the phone before you start driving, or if you have a passenger then they can do it while you're driving.

But even the COMAND on-screen keyboard doesn't work while the car is in motion.

Seems to be a quarter or the price of the one I'm looking at which cost £455 from Integrated Automotive, would like to know what the differences are? sound quality and have they both got the same specs?
Ask yourself what are the quality of the parts in a system that a reseller is offering you for circa £150. Take out their profit and the profit for the manufacturer and youll be lucky to have £50 worth of parts.

The integrated automotive product is made in the UK. It is not made by a child in a factory in the far east for 50p per day pay.

How do you use Google Maps/Wase? ie how do you input manual destinations?
I'll get a video up of it helps

But the round scroller (don't know what it's called 😂) that you use on the command is the same. You use it to navigate through your menu and push it down to select. So if you going to a destination you never been before. You click "Google maps" and on board qwerty keyboard comes up and enter the address or postcode it's so simple

Ask yourself what are the quality of the parts in a system that a reseller is offering you for circa £150. Take out their profit and the profit for the manufacturer and youll be lucky to have £50 worth of parts.

The integrated automotive product is made in the UK. It is not made by a child in a factory in the far east for 50p per day pay.
I went with the one my friends have and the 1 that has the most reviews nun of us have experienced any problems with it.

And to keep your original command and menu is a touch I wouldn't want a system that gets rid of that

You can enter the destination from the phone before you start driving, or if you have a passenger then they can do it while you're driving.
You can do that. Or just enter it yourself. I never try entering a postcode whilst I'm driving its too distracting. I usually enter the postcode before I drive off

Being made in the UK is no guarantee of quality and you do not really know how a Far East product is made and their rate of pay.

There are plenty of good value products from China and the Far East.

Seriously looking at this for my C207 2012 with NGT4.5.

The price differences are crazy though. Is the Integrated Automotive one actually made in the UK or just Chinese anyway and rebranded?

My only concern is I think my car has standard speakers and so if there is actually different components between the Monoland / Road Top for audio processing.

Seriously looking at this for my C207 2012 with NGT4.5.

The price differences are crazy though. Is the Integrated Automotive one actually made in the UK or just Chinese anyway and rebranded?

My only concern is I think my car has standard speakers and so if there is actually different components between the Monoland / Road Top for audio processing.
Not clear to me from the original posts, is this possible in a Comand system as far back as 2012?

If so I'd also be very interested!

I am currently looking into the Intergrated Automotive one just need to justify the £455 to the missus..........oh wait, no need to tell her :)

I am currently looking into the Intergrated Automotive one just need to justify the £455 to the missus..........oh wait, no need to tell her :)
Further to some comments on here I'm considering this one instead, does seem to be the same spec as IA:

I actually fitted the RoadTop Retrofit from Amazon. I am fairly certain that even the more expensive ones have Chinese made internals so seems silly to pay an extra £200.

Installation was fairly straight forward with fascia removal tools and I rooted the Wifi antenna and USB to the centre console.

Works a treat. Great to have carplay load up when you enter the car and all the Siri voice commands work using the OEM microphone. Makes the car upto date. The streaming DAB stations are a great addition and having live data for traffic without silly subscriptions is again a very useful feature.

The only tricky bit is getting the wiring behind the radio to fit as space is tight on my C207.

I actually fitted the RoadTop Retrofit from Amazon. I am fairly certain that even the more expensive ones have Chinese made internals so seems silly to pay an extra £200.

Installation was fairly straight forward with fascia removal tools and I rooted the Wifi antenna and USB to the centre console.

Works a treat. Great to have carplay load up when you enter the car and all the Siri voice commands work using the OEM microphone. Makes the car upto date. The streaming DAB stations are a great addition and having live data for traffic without silly subscriptions is again a very useful feature.

The only tricky bit is getting the wiring behind the radio to fit as space is tight on my C207.
Thanks for the review, did you supply your own fascia removal tools (if so any recommendations?) or did they come in the package?

USB : does it not utilise the same USB port as is already in the centre console?

Thanks for the review, did you supply your own fascia removal tools (if so any recommendations?) or did they come in the package?

USB : does it not utilise the same USB port as is already in the centre console?
I actually purchased some separately but there was a selection in the package so they could probably do.

No the centre USB goes off to some OEM connection where as the retro fit one has a standard USB input. I purchased a 1.5 meter extender and ran that to the same place as the original USB port. You can then pull the old one out and push in (although not fully flush) the new extension USB. The one in the kit would not reach the glove box part on my model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom