anyone added Apple CarPlay and Android Auto ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I actually purchased some separately but there was a selection in the package so they could probably do.

No the centre USB goes off to some OEM connection where as the retro fit one has a standard USB input. I purchased a 1.5 meter extender and ran that to the same place as the original USB port. You can then pull the old one out and push in (although not fully flush) the new extension USB. The one in the kit would not reach the glove box part on my model.
Thanks, does the retrofit USB serve a purpose? I'm thinking I'll connect wirelessly for Android Auto, so not sure if I'd need it?

Thanks, does the retrofit USB serve a purpose? I'm thinking I'll connect wirelessly for Android Auto, so not sure if I'd need it?

It can be used in a few ways. To update the firmware, although they ship with the latest already, it's handy should a iOS update cause issues and it needs updating. It can also be used to add USB storage for music if for some reason you don't want to use the phone. Lastly, and why I hooked it up is the Wifi can be a bit touch and go, especially when leaving your home and home wifi using phone for a small distance. The USB connection offers the fastest most reliable way to connect and also charges the phone at the same time. Worth having.

We regularly fit a UK developed/designed/software-written CarPlay and Android Auto box - works really nicely and full UK software support if Apple change something in the future (When not if really) or something odd happens with AA.

They are a great way to get AA and CarPlay functionality - the main issue is you need to listen to a source from the phone (internet radio, Spotify etc) as the main stereo is set to receive it's audio from the box and if you've changed that to DAB you may miss an incoming phone call from CarPlay because of no sound.
Hi, I have fitted one tonight, it was working, but now my instrument cluster is playing up. Quoting airbag issues and I also have a red battery with ‘check handbook’….do you think it could be an issue with the module, or could it be something I haven’t connected right when I put everything back in the center console? Any help would be appreciated. 🥲🥲 W205 C220d 2015

Did you remove the steering wheel? That could explain the SRS message. And is the battery charged?

Did you remove the steering wheel? That could explain the SRS message. And is the battery charged?
Hi, thanks for the reply.

no, not the wheel, I took out the centre console and the. Connected the module. I am correct in saying that the connectors to the centre console can only go back one way, they can’t be put in the wrong sockets by mistake?
The centre clock wasn’t working right either. Was getting hazard warning lights not working message, the passenger airbag…I could start the car and the dials were blank, then after a few minutes they would spring into life…the red battery sign then came up in the middle. Worries I have screwed something up….

Petie416 - did you fit the unit from Comand Online ? This sounds like the first 2-3 switches on the unit have been knocked into the wrong position and its messing up the CANbus

Richard

Petie416 - did you fit the unit from Comand Online ? This sounds like the first 2-3 switches on the unit have been knocked into the wrong position and its messing up the CANbus

Richard
No, it was from eBay. When you say switches do you mean this type that have to be up or down (0 or 1)? Thanks 🙏🏻

Attachments

• 205999D2-F9D1-4FE4-A125-27819DEC1805.jpeg
    205999D2-F9D1-4FE4-A125-27819DEC1805.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 4
No, it was from eBay. When you say switches do you mean this type that have to be up or down (0 or 1)? Thanks 🙏🏻
You need to talk to your supplier to find out what the switches on your unit do. But it sounds like you device is putting crap on the cars CANbus - and I wouldn’t drive the car like that as anything may happen!

You need to talk to your supplier to find out what the switches on your unit do. But it sounds like you device is putting crap on the cars CANbus - and I wouldn’t drive the car like that as anything may happen!
Ok, thanks.

If it had tripped lots of warnings and I put the correct dialthe codes in, would the errors still be showing on the dashboard?

Hi guys

The other day I added one of them Apple CarPlay / Android Auto modules to the W205 C63 and I have to say I'm very impressed. You keep all your original menus and settings but when you hold down the return key for like 3 seconds it takes you to a hidden menu which the Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is located.

Best of both worlds, all the OEM stereo screen and menu with the added feature. And it has to be said even if you have the traffic update on the Mercedes Navigation nothing beats Google Maps or Waze! It really brings the car up to 2020 specs!

was wondering if anyone else has one installed in their Mercedes and if they do which year/model

ill jump on my mobile after and upload a small clip

Antony
In 2019 - Put in touch screen double din Apple CarPlay / android - JVC (Kenwood) Kwm745dbt with integrated steering wheel controls on a late 2003 w203 to replace the original, but decent sounding, factory single din audio 10 - significant upgrade from having a single din CD player with am/fm radio.

If it had tripped lots of warnings and I put the correct dialthe codes in, would the errors still be showing on the dashboard?

That's difficult to say. On MB cars, some fault warnings just go away as soon as the underlying issue is corrected, with others the warning message will stay and only go away once the fault has been cleared from the ECU using STAR (or iCarsoft / Carly). I suspect this will prove to be a mixture of both.

That's difficult to say. On MB cars, some fault warnings just go away as soon as the underlying issue is corrected, with others the warning message will stay and only go away once the fault has been cleared from the ECU using STAR (or iCarsoft / Carly). I suspect this will prove to be a mixture of both.
I set up another thread to not pollute this one. I uninstalled it this morning and everything seems back to normal. Makes me think it’s something to do with the signals the box is getting, or something that isn’t working correctly. Will play about again when I am off next week. Thanks 🙏🏻

I set up another thread to not pollute this one. I uninstalled it this morning and everything seems back to normal. Makes me think it’s something to do with the signals the box is getting, or something that isn’t working correctly. Will play about again when I am off next week. Thanks 🙏🏻

I just replied in your other thread. Based on my comprehensive experience with configuring Epson dot matrix printers in the eighties and nineties.... :D

I just replied in your other thread. Based on my comprehensive experience with configuring Epson dot matrix printers in the eighties and nineties.... :D
Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom