Anyone know this PPP?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
P.s. to the OP, that is a hell of a lot of car for the money, a mint barely run family car with a supercar engine. The last of the naturally aspirated 6.2 V8, I doubt these will depreciate much further as they are last of a breed. I'm keeping mine for the foreseeable! Put it another way, what else can you get for 27k? Doubt you can even get a new boggo C220d for that these days.
It does look a mint car, certainly seems the best condition one available just now. Been trying to call about it for the last couple of days but no answer yet.

Just buy it, life’s too short.

It’s worth spending 27k just hear all the numpty’s that haven’t got one say.. “how many miles does it do to the gallon?”

lol I'm currently averaging 14mpg so I'm not to concerned about fuel consumption and its just a wknd toy for me.

As nice as it is, I personally think it is priced way above what it should be for a private sale. The only hint I can see it being blue is photo 11, however it does look black in all the other pics.

I wouldn't be paying anymore than £25k personally IF I was going to spend that much on a C class in the first instance. At that price point I would be looking at the E/CLS variants. Yes they are different animals but a different level of quality and refinement too.

All said and done, if it is what you want and ticks your boxes, that is all that counts. Do whats best for you and your circumstances.

As nice as it is, I personally think it is priced way above what it should be for a private sale. The only hint I can see it being blue is photo 11, however it does look black in all the other pics.

I wouldn't be paying anymore than £25k personally IF I was going to spend that much on a C class in the first instance. At that price point I would be looking at the E/CLS variants. Yes they are different animals but a different level of quality and refinement too.

All said and done, if it is what you want and ticks your boxes, that is all that counts. Do whats best for you and your circumstances.

He's asking top book from a dealer, private good has it valued at 23.5k with that mileage. I agree 27k is overpriced and was thinking 25k would be plenty for it depending if the discs and pads need done in the near future etc. Hopefully ill manage to get in contact with him today, can't see him coming down that much

I have a facelift sep 2012 C63 PPP and doesn't have the fat indicator stalk under the cruise control
2012 must be the crossover year then as most 2012 cars I've seen still have it and all 2013 models don't.

Depends if you like to modify cars or not. I personally like to keep it standard and I would never consider buying a modified car, but that's just me.

Agree, m156 is very reliable. How do you know when you need to replace camshaft adjusters? Do they check it during a routine service?
Fair enough on modifying, I've never done anything beyond bolt ons and I've always felt a positive difference from anything mechanical I've changed.

Camshaft adjusters were only done because I mentioned it, even though it was just serviced recently. The most obvious tell tale sign is that you hear a rattle on start up sometimes that disappears very quickly. It's the spring loaded pin rattling around trying to find the hole in a plate within the adjuster that has worn into more of a groove.

Attachments

• 55586276_10155856386267735_8217900891278147584_n.jpg
    55586276_10155856386267735_8217900891278147584_n.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 15

It’s worth spending 27k just hear all the numpty’s that haven’t got one say.. “how many miles does it do to the gallon?”

Why are you C63 boys so defensive? Nobody cares what mpg an AMG does! A C63 is a good car, but it's an old car, and of course there are better cars out there now. That's progress for you...

Yes..thats a very 'British' thing. You could pull up to the pump in Nick Masons £30 million (or whatever it is worth these days) One off 250 GTO Ferrari and some boring fool would ask just that.

Anywhere else people would ask about the car. We are an odd bunch...well some of us (them!) are

Yes..thats a very 'British' thing. You could pull up to the pump in Nick Masons £30 million (or whatever it is worth these days) One off 250 GTO Ferrari and some boring fool would ask just that.

Anywhere else people would ask about the car. We are an odd bunch...well some of us (them!) are

It doesn't necessarily make you either boring or foolish to have an interest in a car's fuel consumption, does it? It's as good a conversational opener as any - well, alright, some - others, surely?

Mind you, the more I look at what Mounty actually said: "It’s worth spending 27k just hear all the numpty’s that haven’t got one say.. "how many miles does it do to the gallon?”, the more I wonder where that comment came from.

Last edited:
The last of the naturally aspirated 6.2 V8, I doubt these will depreciate much further as they are last of a breed.

I think you're absolutely right. As it turned out, the big V8 6.2 N/A was an evolutionary dead end as the car manufacturing world changed and the performance focus moved to smaller, more economical, predominantly V6 engines; technology over brute force, if you like.

It's a dinosaur, but a very impressive dinosaur, and offers a driving experience rather different to the current crop of AMGs. I suspect the same applies to the M113, whether N/A or S/C, but whether it will apply to the M157BT, powerful though it is, remains to be seen.

having driven a few 6 litre engine cars over the years , there is something special about that lump in the front that cant be replicated by smaller engined cars especially the smiles per gallons resulting in frequent trips to the petrol station grinning ear to ear. I am always served a treat when I see a 63 (minus 1) engine car at a petrol station and it is started up.

Even in a GM car, their 6.2 engine made a very average car quite special when I had one on a 2 week road trip abroad.

about this car in particular, it seems worth enquiring about. Looks like there may be room to haggle. plenty of F series M4s are dipping into the 25k price range now so that increases the overall stock of german sports coupes and sedans on offer.

Tried calling and emailing since last wk and haven’t be able to make contact and now the add has been removed or expired all seems a bit strange.
So the search continues, hopefully a mint low miles c63 will appear in palladium in the near future.

Does seem a little odd. Have you considered posting in the 'wanted' on here, of what your criteria is, as you never know someone may find one for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom