Asbestos brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have thought that they would have to state that they are asbestos pads or would ebay not allow them to sell them if they stated that?

I need to send them back anyway as my pads are a different size to those ones. which I found out after wrestling with some rusted pins.

My pads are the shape below as opposed to the ones in the pic

FBP1090 FIRST LINE BRAKE PADS Mercedes Benz (F) | eBay

You can find OEM here:

Brake Pad Set, disc brake DELPHI - LP946 for your car lowest prices - Brakes - Disc brakes - brake pad set front - Brake Pad Set, disc brake - LP946

And OE here:

euromercwebstore: Brake Pads Front W126

Both less than £20.

Thanks for that Bernie.

I have had a gander at Euromerc before, I have a feeling the pads they list may be of the same shape as the ones I am returning.

Mister Auto seems very competitive especially with their discount code, think I will be ordering disc/pads from them.

Thanks for that Bernie.

Mister Auto seems very competitive especially with their discount code, think I will be ordering disc/pads from them.

Hi Bernie,

Make sure you check the carriage charges & the terms and conditions BEFORE ordering from websites outside of the UK :rolleyes:

Pads - £17.03 (35% discount) = £11.07
Standard delivery (5-7 days) = £5.95
Total = £17.02

You also have to pay an extra £1.99 if you would like a pre-paid return label (otherwise any returned items have to be shipped to France)

Ours may be 20pence more expensive, but they are in stock in over 115 branches, and you can have them tomorrow :rock: -

- Need to return them? No problems we have a 30 day no quibble guarantee

- Have an issue, need warranty support? No Problems we have 117 branches in the UK

Hope that helps :)

P

Didnt realise they were not based in the UK

got to be illegal

Like Derek, I wouldn't fit those!!

It's OK running a car on a budget but when it comes to brakes you simply can't cut corners.

Bin them and buy some quality ones.

What is wrong with asbestos brake pads, they are better in terms of stopping ability and are kinder to disks than ones that use inferior fillers, to comply with not having asbestos in them.

Cars had asbestos friction materials for nearly a century, without issue.

What is wrong with asbestos brake pads, they are better in terms of stopping ability and are kinder to disks than ones that use inferior fillers, to comply with not having asbestos in them.

You're back!

Hmm need to find some for the motorbike, even a cheap set of discs are around £200!

Hmm need to find some for the motorbike, even a cheap set of discs are around £200!

Ever wondered what that black dust that burns into the wheel paint is? Metal filler material glowing red hot.
Asbestos doesn't burn into the paint or wear the disks as hard.

...and lots of garage mechanics have asbestos related diseases.

It's a long, slow and painful death.

Asbestos - What is the danger?

...providing you tell any garage that works on your car that the pads contain asbestos of course.

Well I will be hanging on to them till I get a W126 that they fit as it will cost me more to return them than I will get back.

Hopefully I wont need to take the car to a garage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom