Attempted theft of the SEC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear that Nav, had a similar thing back in May to my 260e, bonnet, boot open, drivers side window forced downed. On the upside I had forensics turn up the following morning taking fingerprints and lots of calls from the CID but inevitable the damage had already been done to the centre console. First time its ever happen to me and my street is quiet with a W220, R129, 2 W201's, W202 and a BMW 330 convertable all parked on the same street.

Not yet, was waiting to fix the misfire first. Well at least i fixed the misifire, just a list of other things to do now!

Nick means the bit in Mercedes Enthusiast at Ace cafe.

Even it it was stolen to order its the most conspicuous SEC in the country!

Its one of the best examples there is.

Unless it was going to be shipped to ghana/nigeria or something?

Even then, it would've surfaced eventually, would it not?

Even it it was stolen to order its the most conspicuous SEC in the country!

Its one of the best examples there is.

Perhaps someone is envious?

Unless it was going to be shipped to ghana/nigeria or something?

The Africans like 124s/123s

Even then, it would've surfaced eventually, would it not?

I doubt it, supposedly there are loads of stolen South African cars driving around Lagos and nobody cares becuase it's that corrupt.

I can only sympathise.

It sounds like a professional job and if they had got it away it's unlikely it would have been seen again. Not in this country anyway.

Nav, im glad for you they didnt get it, defo sound like pro`s, and sems they actually spent some time disabling security and getting the car to a state where it was pushable! Have you got a description of the guys? cos you`ll prob find they have been targetting you and watching you for a while. keep your eyes peeled as more than likely they will be back to have a look if anything! CCTV is a good option! they arent that expensive nowadays either!

i think the reason for the trailer is that it doesnt make as much noise as starting the car in the drive. i know someone who had a similar thing but they stole the keys from inside the house rolled out of the drive then drove off.

As i mentioned to Navs, a bollard is great as long as you remember to put it down before you try to leave the drive!!!!! ;)

The flatbed is probably just in case they couldn't get it started. Much quicker just to drive it away.

Really sorry to hear about this. At least they didn;'t get it.
Very disappointed to hear that the police couldnt be bothered to come at fingerprint etc..at least to check!

Mate have you ever thought about installing those removable security bollards outside your garage, right next to the doors,

If the Banks & building societies think theyre adequate with ATM's, they could be the way foreward for you...

They may also save you the bother of always blocking the garage with another car...

Sorry to hear about it mate:mad: Just lucky you heard them really.

The use of trailers is becoming very popular now. A chap a few doors down from my freind had his Maserati taken from his drive a few months ago. No sign of the car whatsoever but the stupid thing was his neighbour had just come back from holiday and saw 4 blokes getting it onto a trailer at 2am in the morning. Because the car had been towed away several times before he thought they were just recovering the car again, at 2am in the morning:confused:

Terrible! Thank god you interrupted them.

What really makes me angry is the alleged total lack of response by the Police Service whose wages you contribute to?

It sounds very much like your car was targetted although you state it is usually parked in the garage?

We, as enthusiasts recognise your car for what it is, but why on earth were these characters trying to steal it? Do you think, or was it the most expensive looking car parked outside that night?

I fully accept there is a possibilty that there might not be much chance of fnding any evidence inside your car, but we are talking about professional car thieves stealing vehicles, not joy riders who might leave it parked around the corner. Where are the nearest CCTV cameras that would video the vehicle involved in this attempted theft? You have a fair idea of the route; perhaps the opposite direction to that which you took?

For how much longer are we going to be told that crime is down and police numbers are up? If this pathetic statement were true, then why can't the time be spared to at least pay you a visit?

You state you usually lock the car in the garage, I would certainly hide the keys to both the car and garage don't leave them by the front or back door, plus it is a very good suggestion from Dieselman (as usual) about leaving the car on a full-ish lock.

Thank goodness you did not meet up with these thugs. Take care of yourself.

Kind regards
John

Navs,

A long shot but did you get the number of the van ?

Probably false plates , or stolen but worth a try ...

So sorry to hear of this mate !!

H

It sounds very much like your car was targetted although you state it is usually parked in the garage?

We, as enthusiasts recognise your car for what it is, but why on earth were these characters trying to steal it? Do you think, or was it the most expensive looking car parked outside that night?

Kind regards
John

The car is in the garage every night. In the 2 years i've owned it, its spent 2 nights on the drive.

I have a 07 plate Volvo parked on the drive. It was unlocked last night :eek: (must have forgot to lock it :) ) but nothing was missing, even the Tomtom and my 3200 Oakley glasses were still in there! There was a S600, C270CDI, CLK350 covertible on my drive last night, so the SEC was probably the least expensive!

Navs,

A long shot but did you get the number of the van ?

Probably false plates , or stolen but worth a try ...

So sorry to hear of this mate !!

H

I have a 70ft front drive, so couldn't see the number plates. It was pitch black outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom