Auxillary belt tensioner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy W

Car
ML 270 cdi
I have decide to replace my tensioner assembly as I shall be getting rid of the car next month and the tensioner squelas like a pig. I have removed the assembly, rang the main dealer and he quoted me the part number 111 200 0770 for the tensioner assembly and 111 990 0053 for the nut that secures the pulley to the tensioner, now I gave him the chasis number and he tells me there is a shock absorber attached to the tensioner assembly which there is not on my car, the inside of the tensioner is sprung and it is that what is making the squealing. Does any one have an exploded diagram or a link to a site that does that I can see so when I go to the dealers tomorrow I am armed with the correct info, my car is a 1998 W202 C180 by the way.

Could anyone tell me how to remove the pulley from the assembly as well please.

I have checked the Russian parts site and can not find the information that I require.

Last edited:
Here is the link you couldn't find, what you wanted was :engine cooling->belt tightener.
I should think the pulley will come off if you undo the nut,but you will have to hold the tensioner in a vice. The torque setting for this nut is 18lb ft so it should not be too tight.Sorry I can't be more precise but this is one job I have not had to do yet. http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as....418&VIN=*&CT=M&cat=19K&SID=20&SGR=045&SGN=03 .
Geo.

Now sorted, the tensioner on my car is no longer available so a modification is required which consists of the modern standard tensioner and the shock absorber anti vibration component. Dead easy to fit once I had worked out how to remove the old one and how to get the pulley off, quite deceiving, the Haynes manual is absolutely useless does not even show an exploded diagram of the tensioner, the difference between my original tensioner and the new one is the spring is "softer" on the new one hence the need for a damper to stiffen it up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom