"Ball Park figure" for fixing small dent in door??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
I have a small dent on the door of my Black E Class W211. Unfortunatly the person who did this was more inconsiderate than I thought and because of its position I dont think the "Dent Tech" paintless dent repair people will be able to get to it to push it out, so a £40 fix is unlikely. The dent is really only visible when the car is clean and you look down the body line but I must get it fixed, as it is starting to drive me mad.

Can anyone give me a "ball park figure" for fixing a small dent on a rear passenger door?

Do modern body shops need to re-spray the whole panel etc and fill it to fix it or do they use other methods?

I have a small dent about the size of a 5p piece on my front wing, which is about 3mm deep with a minor break in the paint. I thought it would be about £50-60 to get repaired. Dent doctor told me to go to a panel shop because the paint was broken, and the panel shop quoted me over £500.

:-(

scotth_uk said:
I have a small dent about the size of a 5p piece on my front wing, which is about 3mm deep with a minor break in the paint. I thought it would be about £50-60 to get repaired. Dent doctor told me to go to a panel shop because the paint was broken, and the panel shop quoted me over £500.

:-(

That's about right mate, as you have a clear over base system and the whole wing would need doing.

OFFTOPIC But reading the mention of non matching silver paint in that other thread made me remember something I noticed the other week. Parked close together in a friends front courtyard were my CLK, a BMW M3 and an Audi A4 Avant all in silver and all looking the same until you put them together at which point the BMW looked blue, the Audi brown and the Merc pink. We all noticed and remarked on it, very strange :confused:

The place I used do localised resprays but because of the problems with matching silver they ended up having to blend from half way across the door as well.

They couldn't get my dent out because of the double skin hence the filling and painting.

They have ended up doing a fantastic job though, I'm going to update the other thread with a couple of pics.

My fear on your would be that it has nano paint, whether this causes a problem I don't know but interestingly I had my wife's car reapired by them on Friday and they were telling me that they were doing work on NEW mercs for the local main dealer who regularly had to sort out minor dents or scratches while they were preping for deliver.

Carcare Express

I had my silver C class for 3 weeks when a horse kicked it I didn't notice anything at the time as it was dark and the tree's where overhanging where it happened. I was told by someone else at work the next day.
I found one of those dent doctors who met me in a lay bye, took a look at it pulled out this horseshoe shaped tool on a long metal rod open the rear window right down, jammed some wedges in between the door and the glass and tweaked it out, you would never know it had been there. The salesman at MB didn't when I changed it and they have eyes like hawks.
Cost me £40 and well Worth it so I would ask them first. Best get a couple of quotes because some of them don't do cash and it will cost over £100 plus VAT.
I also had a small scratch on the rear and had one of those paint guys work on it fantastic job as well.

Dave

Sorted

Andy from Dent Right Coventry popped out today. The dent was boarderline but after 1 hour of fiddling he managed to remove the dent. :bannana: :bannana:

The big problem was the double skin but he eventually managed to get a long thin wire like thing down to the dent and after a lot of effort managed to do it.

Cost £60 (It is the longest dent repair I have ever had so I was quite pleased with this price)

Andy is a nice chap an ex Jaguar panel beater who decided to start up on his own. He does all Mercedes Coventry and Mercedes Stratford on Avons Vehicles. So I was pleased to be in good hands.

Good news - glad he was able to fix it and so cheaply :bannana:

I know a guy in London who is really good, can provide details if anyone wants them.

I have a small dent on the door of my Black E Class W211. Unfortunatly the person who did this was more inconsiderate than I thought and because of its position I dont think the "Dent Tech" paintless dent repair people will be able to get to it to push it out, so a £40 fix is unlikely. The dent is really only visible when the car is clean and you look down the body line but I must get it fixed, as it is starting to drive me mad.

Can anyone give me a "ball park figure" for fixing a small dent on a rear passenger door?

Do modern body shops need to re-spray the whole panel etc and fill it to fix it or do they use other methods?

Hi,

I dropped my garage padlock on the wing of my c class sports coupe.It has chipped the paint and left a small dent.Admittedly the dent is mostly visible when the paint work is cleaned and as its on a curved/contoured body part,it does catch the eye a bit - it is no more than 10mm in diameter and the scratch must be half that,about 5mm,which I have temporarily touched up with a mb touch up paint and lacquer - but without been fleeced,what would someone recommend in the Manchester/Lancashire area please ?

Travelinstyle

Attachments

• P3080362.jpg
    P3080362.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 144
  • P3080364.jpg
    P3080364.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 144
i would try and build that up with your paint stick over time and blend it in with some polish. For the size of the mark thats gonna be a wing and partial bonnet blend in so £££

I recently used colour wizard (they are a mobile service) to repair a deep dent caused by supermarket trolley.
The repair was 1st class.

Link

Joe

Ballpark figure from MB would be 500 quid.

Not sure where you live, but, whatever you do, don't go to MB Stockport or the Mansfield approved bodyshop!!:mad:

- Unless you like your panels matching like Benetton colours!

I have a small dent on the boot above the numberplate. No broken paint and not that visible but I know it's there. Any recommendations for a suitable dent expert in the knutsford area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom