• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Becker demo tape someone?

BoyracerAU

Car
1985 W123 230E & 1994 R129 SL500
Hi All,

In 1980 my late father took delivery of a new W123 300TD. Along with the car came a grey audio cassette with black writing on a red sticker from Becker.

This tape was not an instructional tape. It just had music on it and it was music only, there was no singing at all.

In recent years I've been thinking about that tape and would very much like to hear it again. Alas, I can't find it!

The particular tape I'm looking for kicked off with a very brassy rendition of Beautiful Noise which brings back memories of that 300TD blatting down windy country roads at speed doing what MBs do best. And I'm not sure of the sequence, but there was also Do the Hustle and a good number of other tracks.

I'm hoping someone here might have a copy floating around?

Thanks for those links, bit I'm not sure how to download them. Bit challenged here! :-(

Will have a try mate... Bit more complicated for me because i have a Mac...

You need a Bit torrent client , which is a piece of software which connects to the torrents and downloads them for you .

Very easy on a Mac - just install Vuze ! ( Formerly Azeurus ) . I expect it is more complicated on Windows , as most things are !

Once the files are downloaded , just burn them to disc with Toast , music files can be imported into iTunes which , if it recognises the album will even get the artwork for you . To import into iTunes , just select the downloaded mp3 files and right click on them then select open with - iTunes . ITunes will then convert the mp3 files and burn them as an audio CD if that is what you want .

Last edited:
Thanks for those links, bit I'm not sure how to download them. Bit challenged here! :-(

I've tried seaching for it via Torrents but no luck from me sorry.

Thanks to All, I'll keep searching.

With any luck the original tape is still in existence somewhere in the house, but so far I have failed to unearth it.

Another bit of aimless searching uncovered the grail today!

Big thanks to w116.org! :bannana::bannana::bannana:

cid:54FB294B7F6E48AD96B89925CDD7CB23@MPNEW

Mercedes-Benz W116 W123 Musik Teil 1 - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz W116 W123 Musik Teil 2 - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz W116 W123 Musik Teil 3 - YouTube

Mercedes-Benz W116 W123 Musik Teil 4 - YouTube

That would be easy enough to transfer from youtube to mp3 then burn onto a cd.

:O)

http://www.video2mp3.net/

Scroll to about halfway down the page - enter in the youtbe URL, click the option for mp3.

This will convert then give you a download option to 'save as' when completed

Last edited:
The particular tape I'm looking for kicked off with a very brassy rendition of Beautiful Noise which brings back memories of that 300TD blatting down windy country roads at speed doing what MBs do best.

Something doesn't quite add up. 300TD + Music = gentle cruise, certainly not "blatting at speed"

:D:p

V12 said:
Something doesn't quite add up. 300TD + Music = gentle cruise, certainly not "blatting at speed"

:D:p

That was my impression when I was twelve. I still remember the shock at the 'raw power' in the 230E that replaced it.

Of course these days that impression has also been revised. :-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom