• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Beer with Australians: The Nurburgring in April....?

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All,

A couple of mates are coming from Oz to drive the track, and we're going to head over for a few days. Most likely going to be flying over and renting a few cars, but still a possibility to drive over depending on who's coming. Probably going to avoid the Easter weekend, as it's full of knobjockeys and Playstation heroes.

Anyone interested? I'll get some details together.

Please note that I have spoken to BMW and there are no spaces available in the Ringtaxi in 2006. The Zakspeed Viper may be available, however I am yet to get in touch with them to check. As a backup, I will scare the crap out of anyone that wants, I will only charge the equivalent of a pint. :p

Alternatively, if anyone's completely mad - I'm going over on May 26th in the morning and coming back in the evening!!!! Got a special guest from MB Australia who needs to see the track.:rock:

Scott

I am.

Want to drive there though.

scotth_uk said:
Hi All,

A couple of mates are coming from Oz to drive the track, and we're going to head over for a few days. Most likely going to be flying over and renting a few cars, but still a possibility to drive over depending on who's coming. Probably going to avoid the Easter weekend, as it's full of knobjockeys and Playstation heroes.

Anyone interested? I'll get some details together.

Please note that I have spoken to BMW and there are no spaces available in the Ringtaxi in 2006. The Zakspeed Viper may be available, however I am yet to get in touch with them to check. As a backup, I will scare the crap out of anyone that wants, I will only charge the equivalent of a pint. :p

Alternatively, if anyone's completely mad - I'm going over on May 26th in the morning and coming back in the evening!!!! Got a special guest from MB Australia who needs to see the track.:rock:

Scott

scotth_uk said:

As an alternative to the RingTaxi or Zakspeed Viper, if all else fails try having a chat with a guy called Ron Simons. He runs the 75Experience at the Nurburgring, and was kind enough to show us some abject silliness.

Whilst a TwinSpark is not in the same league in terms of power, it also weighs about as much as an empty coke can, so the cornering speeds are fairly insane.

Going for a lap 4-up in a 75V6 with Michele, one of the instructors at the wheel left me with a :D on my face for the rest of the day. At the start of the lap he said "With this much weight in the car the braking will be not so good. But the grip is much better"....and by christ he made the most of it!

Just a quick update for anyone that may change their mind.... ;-)

Just confirmed Porsche 911 rental from Frankfurt from 12th April through 15th April (all at the ring), then off to Prague for a couple of days and returning to London n the evening of the 17th.

Is the car hire expensive Scott?
Might be able to blag a few days off from the mrs somehow;)
No way I'm risking mine round there though:crazy:

Managed to get the 911 through Avis @ Frankfurt city for 199 euros per day. Excellent price, includes 200km per day and an extra driver is 60 euros in total.

www.avis.de and follow the links for "funcar".

Also got a room w/balcony at the Dorint on the Grand Prix straight for 325 euros for 3 nights.

Just my Aussie mate Tim and myself so far. Other mates decided to go home to Oz around the Easter break.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom