• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Benz On The Green 2019 **11th of May**

Can anyone help me with the names of the 'Best Classic' and 'Cleanest Car' winners please? I have pics of winners but not sure who they are...?!

*********So... you incredible lot have helped us raise a fantastic £2667.75 for The MS Society.
This is fantastic amount of money and to everyone that donated, spent, gave time to the event, or just showed support by being there, it is all down to you and we are eternally grateful.*******

Can anyone help me with the names of the 'Best Classic' and 'Cleanest Car' winners please? I have pics of winners but not sure who they are...?!

Best classic is SG1/Simon
Cleanest car his name is Dean,don't know his forum name.Have sent him a message

Last edited:
Thanks but not sure mine was the OCD cleanest was it? It was very very clean granted as had spent quite a few days polishing but OCD masters like Gav must have gone silly silly clean.

Helps that mine doesn't go out in the rain or bad weather as makes it much easier to keep very clean [emoji6]

Yours looked stunning Dean, :)

150miles in a Tsunami soon put paid to my efforts lol

Yours looked stunning Dean, :)

150miles in a Tsunami soon put paid to my efforts lol
I got very lucky on the way back then as it was dry with only a couple of tiny speckles.

True to form, another great GTG from PCS & Co.
A lot of work and cost goes in to orchestrating this event.

PCS don’t have to do it; they have a full book without using up valuable time for MBClub members, but they do it, and a pause for thought should be taken, if only for a few seconds, to acknowledge such a concentrated effort to provide such great day and also a valuable gain for (and awareness of) the years chosen charity – I think this provides a lot of impetus to getting the gig off the ground.

It was lovely to catch up with old friends, one of which, due to my search and rescue skills, became a ‘MISPER’. My fault! :)

As usual, an array of lovely vehicles and it was nice to see a few non-M-B’s this year and also that Ducati bike that had more BHP than my Vito!

I like this colour.
14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-685.jpg

My penchant for shooting brakes drew my eye to this.
Not a car as such, but some kind of craft that one would confidently travel in to the moon and back – Lovely!

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-687.jpg

MEN IN BLACK.

Da mob…

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-689.jpg

Jay Manek’s Masterpiece.

If this was my car, it would be nicknamed Monster Munch, because it is just so… MONSTER MUNCH!

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-705.jpg

Vinnay’s C43 – Lovely.

I missed out on this when it came up for sale a few years back on the forum. He who hesitates…

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-701.jpg

Working Girls.

These two owned by Dash and Ian are a credit to their owners.
They are not show cars. They are used on a daily basis and their condition is therefore, all-the-more meritorious.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-697.jpg

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-683.jpg

The DRUK Award for vehicle modification.

Derek was the once-in-a-lifetime, wonderful guy that many of us had the honour to have as a friend.

Modifications?
He rebuilt a petrol, auto 107 and turned it into a 3.0 om606 diesel with manual gearbox, SAAB seats and a made-from-scratch M-B wood steering wheel – “It’s only eight pieces of wood and some time” he told me. It was perfect!
If Derek wanted to modify something, even it if couldn’t be done, he would just do it!

God bless you, Derek.

Before coming to the vehicle that deservedly swept away the award this year, I think recognition should go to Natacha for choosing the prize.
It would have been easy to go on ebay and buy a small trophy for the winner.
However, it is clear to see that some thought and attention to detail went in to considering the prize, for what is an important and duly prestigious award. Well done and thank you, Natcha.

The winner of the Druk Award for 2019 went to Big Un for his heavily modified 639 Vito.

I can’t name all of the modifications Ian has completed, but I should think that many of them (especially inclination-wise) are beyond the realms of those blessed even with a very good technical and mechanical knowledge.

Triple remote controlled sunroof – Go on, get the tin opener out and have a go at that and then wire it to overhead panel!

Comand 2.5.

Hi-Line Cluster with steering wheel operation for range, MPG, audio, sat nav etc.

Upgraded seat operation including door card switches for lumbar control, etc.

Sound insulation to the whole of the van.

Air conditioning to front of van from scratch and imminent project, same to the rear. Ask a garage to do that job and I think you know the answer!

Quite clearly, a labour of love and mind-boggling to boot! Well done!

Here is the prize for The DRUK Award.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-732.jpg

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-731.jpg

Here is Ian, proudly showing the prize.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-719.jpg

Dedication, knowledge, skill and modification-wise, the result was never really in doubt.

Thinking about it, Derek and Ian could probably knock up Concorde in a fortnight.

Thanks to all for a lovely day out.

True to form, another great GTG from PCS & Co.
A lot of work and cost goes in to orchestrating this event.

PCS don’t have to do it; they have a full book without using up valuable time for MBClub members, but they do it, and a pause for thought should be taken, if only for a few seconds, to acknowledge such a concentrated effort to provide such great day and also a valuable gain for (and awareness of) the years chosen charity – I think this provides a lot of impetus to getting the gig off the ground.

It was lovely to catch up with old friends, one of which, due to my search and rescue skills, became a ‘MISPER’. My fault! :)

As usual, an array of lovely vehicles and it was nice to see a few non-M-B’s this year and also that Ducati bike that had more BHP than my Vito!

I like this colour.
14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-685.jpg

My penchant for shooting brakes drew my eye to this.
Not a car as such, but some kind of craft that one would confidently travel in to the moon and back – Lovely!

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-687.jpg

MEN IN BLACK.

Da mob…

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-689.jpg

Jay Manek’s Masterpiece.

If this was my car, it would be nicknamed Monster Munch, because it is just so… MONSTER MUNCH!

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-705.jpg

Vinnay’s C43 – Lovely.

I missed out on this when it came up for sale a few years back on the forum. He who hesitates…

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-701.jpg

Working Girls.

These two owned by Dash and Ian are a credit to their owners.
They are not show cars. They are used on a daily basis and their condition is therefore, all-the-more meritorious.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-697.jpg

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-683.jpg

The DRUK Award for vehicle modification.

Derek was the once-in-a-lifetime, wonderful guy that many of us had the honour to have as a friend.

Modifications?
He rebuilt a petrol, auto 107 and turned it into a 3.0 om606 diesel with manual gearbox, SAAB seats and a made-from-scratch M-B wood steering wheel – “It’s only eight pieces of wood and some time” he told me. It was perfect!
If Derek wanted to modify something, even it if couldn’t be done, he would just do it!

God bless you, Derek.

Before coming to the vehicle that deservedly swept away the award this year, I think recognition should go to Natacha for choosing the prize.
It would have been easy to go on ebay and buy a small trophy for the winner.
However, it is clear to see that some thought and attention to detail went in to considering the prize, for what is an important and duly prestigious award. Well done and thank you, Natcha.

The winner of the Druk Award for 2019 went to Big Un for his heavily modified 639 Vito.

I can’t name all of the modifications Ian has completed, but I should think that many of them (especially inclination-wise) are beyond the realms of those blessed even with a very good technical and mechanical knowledge.

Triple remote controlled sunroof – Go on, get the tin opener out and have a go at that and then wire it to overhead panel!

Comand 2.5.

Hi-Line Cluster with steering wheel operation for range, MPG, audio, sat nav etc.

Upgraded seat operation including door card switches for lumbar control, etc.

Sound insulation to the whole of the van.

Air conditioning to front of van from scratch and imminent project, same to the rear. Ask a garage to do that job and I think you know the answer!

Quite clearly, a labour of love and mind-boggling to boot! Well done!

Here is the prize for The DRUK Award.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-732.jpg

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-731.jpg

Here is Ian, proudly showing the prize.

14th-May-2019-Benz-on-the-Green-719.jpg

Dedication, knowledge, skill and modification-wise, the result was never really in doubt.

Thinking about it, Derek and Ian could probably knock up Concorde in a fortnight.

Thanks to all for a lovely day out.

gulp...You have made me well up a bit. What a lovely post, thankyou so much. There really is huge amount of work that goes into Benz on The Green by a rather large number of people and a thankyou goes a long way. so thankyou to you for taking the time out of your day to write this :):)
Natacha <3

Echoing again with a big thanks to all @ PCS for their sterling time and effort to organise this great event.

Great day and fantastic to meet a few more faces to put to some names. The food and service was really good and a big improvement on last year for me. Great work.

Sorry I had to leave earlier than I would have liked but with both wife and daughters birthdays in the same week in May BOTG always falls at the wrong time for me. I seem to have escaped relatively unscathed [emoji6]

Lovely dry drive all the way home for me until the last few miles where I seem to have developed a little rattle that sounds suspiciously like CAT rattle. Investigation tomorrow me thinks!

Well just found the culprit of the little rattle I think. Sounds like it is coming from the left side secondary CAT. If anyone has an R129 left side CAT sections let me know ;)

I am already looking forwards to next year as had a great time chatting and taking a good look at some really great cars. My wife said she also had a great time and wants to come again., said she met interesting people. Mind you she spent an hour talking to a guy about everything except cars and when she asked him what car he drove he said an Aston Martin ! Typical

Looked a great event. Having missed this for the last 2 years I’m definitely planning on going next year and might see if a few other “Northerners” fancy a weekend away. Any idea when you will have a date? I don’t want to have to miss it again due to “The Director of Travel and Tourism” having already committed me to being somewhere else ;)

Looked a great event. Having missed this for the last 2 years I’m definitely planning on going next year and might see if a few other “Northerners” fancy a weekend away. Any idea when you will have a date? I don’t want to have to miss it again due to “The Director of Travel and Tourism” having already committed me to being somewhere else ;)

Its usually the first or second Saturday in May.

Are my ears burning or are you talking about another Dean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom