• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Bit of maintenance today.

toteimerced

Car
C 220 CDI sport edition
I decided to do a little bit of preventative maintenance today on my E350 BlueTec, I’d seen a few videos on YouTube, about the turbo inlet and outlet seals deteriorating, so I bought a new red inlet seal and the green o ring outlet seal, then I replaced them both, finding that the o ring was split and blowing oil over the egr valve, also losing some boost no doubt, the inlet seal was a little bit ratty too, then I fitted a pair of new air filters, the car seems more eager to go now, so if yours is feeling a little less peppy than usual, it might be worth checking these seals.

Thank you, I’m the type that does pretty much everything myself, mainly because I don’t trust garages and I don’t like shelling out loads of cash on anything I’m capable of doing myself. 😁

Sound like me!!.....and Im not a a rush to get it done in "book time"....so can do all extra cleaning and painting of parts near where I'm working the techs never would. Only things I don't do are bodywork, tyre balancing (I do fit my own as we have machine at work....but no balancer) and full alignment....although I have my own tracking and camber gauges.

Also did an oil and filter change, as I don’t know what stuff the car dealers put in it, or if the even did change it, just to be on the safe side, I put fresh in, oils cheap, metal ain’t. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom