• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Black alloys on black car

gd320

My alloys have had a few repairs done on them now, was thinking of a new set, my cars a black c63 toying with the idea of getting black ones instead of the silver I have at the moment, any members got any pictures of there's with black alloys? ,

Why not split the difference and go with something like anthracite? - That would be my choice rather than black on black (or silver on black).

Here's a picture shameless copied from somewhere else:
hotness-5.jpg

(Sorry that it's a BMW, that wasn't intentional.)

Personally i don't like black wheels on black cars. Looks too boy racerish IMO and makes for a dreary looking car.

Gunmetal rather than black on a black car.
Either flat or sparkling would look good imo.

Must admit I have a black car and was thinking along the lines of Matt black alloys but now I've seen the pictures gun metal may be good or just get them done silver again

I know neither the car or the wheels are black but a set of these with white wall tyres will look cool maaaaannn. :bannana:

Last edited by a moderator:
With a polished rim breaking things up a bit:

Heres my C63 (image from showroom still so very polished), I have black 19's I think look good.

j.jpg

I think this is a thing of beauty.

A pal of mine described it as looking like a baboon's ass :(

I'm with your pal...

Black AMG's only look good with black wheels when there is another colour breaking them up, I.e black 19"s with polished rim, or black wheels on a black car with red calipers IMO

Type in Team C63 on google have a look at theirs, personally I think the 507 alloys with red calipers just look B.e.a.utiful!

My personal preference for dark coloured cars is a lighter shade wheel, and for light coloured cars, a darker shade wheel. Black on black can look good with some other detail for break up all of the black (such as polished lip, silver studs on two-piece wheels or any chrome/silver really), or the car needs to at least be modified (lower) to pull it off.

Gunmetal wheels work on black, and are complimented nicely by carbon fibre.

Black with polished lip:

45C2550A-2286-41BC-B0CC-A0FA313C22DF_zps06aspdtd.jpg

1-front1-1024x679-13.jpg

$_86.JPG

image_zpsv2lj8bst.jpeg

Gun Metal:

243674d1347827830-2012-c63-sedan-h-r-springs-plastidip-forgestars-led-s-1.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

vmb5-matte-gunmetal-ford-mustang-6.jpg

My ex-1 Series as an example, Gun Metal wheels and few carbon bits:

image_zpstj83y61z.jpeg

image_zpszqk0z3s6.jpeg

Example light coloured C63 with black wheels. IMO looks a lot better as they're complimented by the black chin, grill, diffuser and roof:

EBCAFDAF-C6B2-46A6-8BCA-C3D4398F0B36_zpsvbyaz7s0.jpg

18B2DC3D-D5FE-490E-847A-3873B08EBECB_zpscl7xhcji.jpg

I too am not a lover of black wheels i think anthracite is the darkest i would go with. But car design / wheel design is a personally choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom