Blackcircles Tyres

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
I had very poor service from Oponeo, but Tyre Leader were excellent.

Would steer clear of Oponeo, they sent me one tyre that was a couple of years old, had been stored badly (was grey and powdery, scuffed, no labels etc) and the other was around a year old. Tyre Leader - prompt delivery, great customer service and comms regarding delivery (DPD - txt message on day of delivery with time slot etc). Tyres turned up on time and were brand new/packaged/less than 3 months old etc.

Took nearly two months to get Oponeo to collect the old tyres and refund. Wouldn't use them again. Had to get refund from PayPal.

Will

Grovsie31

Car
2009 335i DCT
I used tyreleader for 4 Michelin super sports for my C55, was a very reasonable £450.

tec

Car
CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
Tyre Leader are selling old tyres hence the cheaper prices in some cases.

These are usually shown with a DOT date 2010, 2011, etc, so these tyres could be 5 years old.
Just make sure you know what you are buying, as tyres do deteriorate with age.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Tyre Leader are selling old tyres hence the cheaper prices in some cases.

These are usually shown with a DOT date 2010, 2011, etc, so these tyres could be 5 years old.
Just make sure you know what you are buying, as tyres do deteriorate with age.
I'm pretty sure Tyre Leader make this clear before ordering - only some old stock, the vast majority is brand new? Not sure how this compares with any other tyre suppliers - online or otherwise?

The Continentals that they supplied me were only a few weeks old - ordered in Janurary/February time and the date code was from Dec 2014.

They were also cheaper than Oponeo! :eek:

ashe700

Car
clk55 amg
Tyre leader it is then how much to fit a tyre these days?

Tezz

Car
A180 w169 2006 2.0 cdi
Have used black circles twice now, no issue with buying them but emails of complaints were never answered when I went to have them fitted both times garages wanted charges for extras,

First one told me my wheels were dangerous and needed refurbishing at a cost of £60 per wheel, which I refused, they never bothered to fit new valves even tho I had paid for them. no issues 18 months of use

2nd time same, was told rims needed a special glue at a cost of £25 each wheel due to corrosion, I inspected wheel and was a few marks nothing to bad so refused, funny no issue with tyres in 6 months, was told would also need 2 rears as getting low even tho I had checked tread depth before hand

badgx

Car
Mercedes e55
I use a company called tyreleader.co.uk for all my tyres. Some tyres receive discount depending on age and they usually arrive 3 to 5 days.

I not had any problems and no dealings with their customer care, so can't comment on that but generally they to deliver on time and I've not had to chase them

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Today I bought two Michelin PSS tyres from Kiwk Fit 295/30/20 (fully fitted in abotu 10 days time) for substantially less than than any of the online supply only places.

J19YTP

SUPPORTER
Car
Civic Type R
I've used a few on various cars.

I think black circles prices are good, luckily I have a decent fitter next to work.

I've also used CamSkill, unused to get a bit of a discount through some of the other forums I'm on (think it was Celica-Club).

And finally for the parents cars I've started using CostCo. They sometimes have an offer on Michelin PS. Not the cheapest but it convenient for us.

Wondering if it's worth us contacting someone like black circles or CamSkill to see if we could get a forum discount.

I'm happy to send a few emails if people are interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom