Blackcircles Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had very poor service from Oponeo, but Tyre Leader were excellent.

Would steer clear of Oponeo, they sent me one tyre that was a couple of years old, had been stored badly (was grey and powdery, scuffed, no labels etc) and the other was around a year old. Tyre Leader - prompt delivery, great customer service and comms regarding delivery (DPD - txt message on day of delivery with time slot etc). Tyres turned up on time and were brand new/packaged/less than 3 months old etc.

Took nearly two months to get Oponeo to collect the old tyres and refund. Wouldn't use them again. Had to get refund from PayPal.

Will

I used tyreleader for 4 Michelin super sports for my C55, was a very reasonable £450.

Tyre Leader are selling old tyres hence the cheaper prices in some cases.

These are usually shown with a DOT date 2010, 2011, etc, so these tyres could be 5 years old.
Just make sure you know what you are buying, as tyres do deteriorate with age.

Tyre Leader are selling old tyres hence the cheaper prices in some cases.

These are usually shown with a DOT date 2010, 2011, etc, so these tyres could be 5 years old.
Just make sure you know what you are buying, as tyres do deteriorate with age.

I'm pretty sure Tyre Leader make this clear before ordering - only some old stock, the vast majority is brand new? Not sure how this compares with any other tyre suppliers - online or otherwise?

The Continentals that they supplied me were only a few weeks old - ordered in Janurary/February time and the date code was from Dec 2014.

They were also cheaper than Oponeo! :eek:

Tyre leader it is then how much to fit a tyre these days?

Have used black circles twice now, no issue with buying them but emails of complaints were never answered when I went to have them fitted both times garages wanted charges for extras,

First one told me my wheels were dangerous and needed refurbishing at a cost of £60 per wheel, which I refused, they never bothered to fit new valves even tho I had paid for them. no issues 18 months of use

2nd time same, was told rims needed a special glue at a cost of £25 each wheel due to corrosion, I inspected wheel and was a few marks nothing to bad so refused, funny no issue with tyres in 6 months, was told would also need 2 rears as getting low even tho I had checked tread depth before hand

I use a company called tyreleader.co.uk for all my tyres. Some tyres receive discount depending on age and they usually arrive 3 to 5 days.

I not had any problems and no dealings with their customer care, so can't comment on that but generally they to deliver on time and I've not had to chase them

Today I bought two Michelin PSS tyres from Kiwk Fit 295/30/20 (fully fitted in abotu 10 days time) for substantially less than than any of the online supply only places.

I've used a few on various cars.

I think black circles prices are good, luckily I have a decent fitter next to work.

I've also used CamSkill, unused to get a bit of a discount through some of the other forums I'm on (think it was Celica-Club).

And finally for the parents cars I've started using CostCo. They sometimes have an offer on Michelin PS. Not the cheapest but it convenient for us.

Wondering if it's worth us contacting someone like black circles or CamSkill to see if we could get a forum discount.

I'm happy to send a few emails if people are interested.

Tyre guru have sent me tyres from Germany in a few days. Cant fault them.

I use a company called tyreleader.co.uk for all my tyres. Some tyres receive discount depending on age and they usually arrive 3 to 5 days.

I not had any problems and no dealings with their customer care, so can't comment on that but generally they to deliver on time and I've not had to chase them

You were lucky. Their customer service is absolutely abysmal. I read this lots of times; if all goes well they're great but if you have a problem...
It took me weeks to sort it out and in the end my credit card co isssued a charge back as it still wasn't sorted.
Tread very carefully.

Tread very carefully .. very good sir !!

I had very poor service from Oponeo, but Tyre Leader were excellent.

Would steer clear of Oponeo, they sent me one tyre that was a couple of years old, had been stored badly (was grey and powdery, scuffed, no labels etc) and the other was around a year old. Tyre Leader - prompt delivery, great customer service and comms regarding delivery (DPD - txt message on day of delivery with time slot etc). Tyres turned up on time and were brand new/packaged/less than 3 months old etc.

Took nearly two months to get Oponeo to collect the old tyres and refund. Wouldn't use them again. Had to get refund from PayPal.

Will
I’ve had nothing but good service from Oponeo , have bought from them several times , usually for Contis , they have always had the best prices by some margin , tyres shipped from Germany by DHL , very quick delivery and tyres have always been of very recent manufacture and wrapped in protective plastic for shipping .

I once bought a budget tyre from them for a spare ( I often , with directional tyres ) buy four premium tyres plus a cheapie for the spare - it was just the same .

However I accept people can have different experiences.

Have used them with a well regarded local fitter. Prices are same as you see everywhere else (halfords, kwikfit, asda tyres etc) all have the same put your reg in pricing system. It's all down to the fitter. If you have an issue with them though it's hard to resolve I hear as you get in to arguments about who is responsible (them or fitter).
I know this is an old post , but legally your argument is with the company you paid to do the job , that is who your contract is with and your remedy is with them too . It does not matter that they subcontracted the fitting ; they can deal with that .

I’ve had nothing but good service from Oponeo , have bought from them several times , usually for Contis , they have always had the best prices by some margin , tyres shipped from Germany by DHL , very quick delivery and tyres have always been of very recent manufacture and wrapped in protective plastic for shipping .

I once bought a budget tyre from them for a spare ( I often , with directional tyres ) buy four premium tyres plus a cheapie for the spare - it was just the same .

However I accept people can have different experiences.
I think the point I was trying to make was not that Oponeo regularly send out sub par goods, but in my experience where they did the customer service was simply not there, and PayPal had to step in.

That’s a pretty poor show from a reasonable size company, more like dealing with an awkward eBay seller or something!

It’s a bit like an insurance company taking your money but you’ll never know how good they are unless you need to claim.

The other point to note is that my post you quoted was from over five years ago, they may well have changed in that time.

I only speak from facts/experience as I find places :)

To me the measure of a company/organisation isn’t how things go when you get what you expect, but more how they deal with problems if/when they occur. To me that is where they were lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom