boot entry solved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spookycat

Car
clk320 2001
just to let people know that today when i disconnected battery i closed the boot thinking i could still open it because i have the key,but how wrong was i !!!
nothing would work key just kept turning clockwise,anticlock to no avail so i ended up flipping cover from diagnostic point connecting jump lead to live and then connected other jump cable to bulk area and hey presto pressed fob key and all unlocked

That’s the way in alright as you say it will work on most models.
My curiosity was about the way in which you may have operated the key blade in the lock, did you turn the key to the left to about the 10 o’clock position and did you then push it inwards?

Dec

That’s the way in alright as you say it will work on most models.
My curiosity was about the way in which you may have operated the key blade in the lock, did you turn the key to the left to about the 10 o’clock position and did you then push it inwards?

Dec
yes tried using key both ways key was just turning until getting the click and then pushing it in but wasn't opening

If the key is turning to the left then it should unlock, there is a guide here if you need to investigate further…W202 Boot Lock Fix. - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

E.jpg

The above is for a car that has a 2 button remote, that is, a non- electric boot lock, if you have a 3 button remote then your boot lock will operate in a slightly different way.

It’s wise to have the boor lock in working order, if the vacuum system or the remote ever fails then you won’t gain entry so easy as before.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom