• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Boot lift with fob

sarah.grandon

Car
Mercedes clk
Hello.. my CLK 320 boot lift doesn't always work with key fob?? It unlocks but doesn't always lift. Does it just need oiling?? Or could it be fob?? [emoji848]...xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the gas strut/struts (don't know if the CLK has 1 or 2, probably 2) need replacing. Shouldn't break the bank.

Cheers,

Gaz

It has springs instead of struts.

Does it have an aftermarket spoiler? Otherwise the springs can be adjusted into a tighter setting. They are lethal though,

Erm hang on will post a pic?? I don't think so?

af8f0210b665b699f8a8ec004d76a67f.jpg

As said already, there are springs with different mounting holes to allow adjustment.
(looks like a lip spoiler on yours)

Russ

Sounds tricky?? Is it a YouTube fix[emoji6]

Have you looked at this earlier thread:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/175720-w209-clk-boot-opening-strength.html

The suggestion to unclip the warning triangle and put it in one of the boot floor side pockets may well help you out until you have investigated the spring adjustment holes as I have found my CLK boot lid opening to be very sensitive to weight. It even slowed down when I mounted the number plate in a frame. Its opening speed is also sensitive to wind strength and direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom