Brooklands GTG - Sunday 27th June - Mercedes-Benz World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well what can I say...without exception, a superb bunch of people! Thanks all for making it a great afternoon! I've only just got home after taking Vicki out for dinner in London (it was a very special McDonalds :eek:)...well, she was patient all day and never complains so it's a small price to pay! ;)

Rashman - Jesus!!!!!....I thought I was fussy with my car but you??....your something else! :D Mate, your car looks the business and is probably one of the best condition cars I've ever seen. You really should consider entering that in some sort of concours event - it really is that good. Thanks for meeting up with me in the morning - it made my virgin meet all the easier! :thumb: Now...USE THAT CAR!

Cliff - your Brabus is awesome....theres just something about a genuine Brabus thats so special. Now go on, let your lad have a go!! What's the worst that could happen??? :crazy:

And to everyone else....Pete, Jonny, Honey Bear, d w124 and the guy with the highly tuned E55 (sorry, just can't remember your name but I hope you remember mine to remind me about Santa Pod!) ....and anyone else that I just can't remember the name of - thanks for the good conversation and I hope to catch up with you all soon!

I'm pretty sure my attendance at future events is guaranteed :thumb:

Oh....can you believe THAT goal??!??!?!

Very special Macdonalds... Haha!
It was great to meet Vicki.
A girl with an interest in cars.
She certainly is a rarity.

Again, well done and thanks for making the journey!

Thanks, also, for your kind words about my detailing habit. lol
They are very much appreciated.

Although, it's more a personal interest I have, it really is nice to hear compliments from fellow AMG lovers.
It also lets me know that my work does leave an impression on people.. and that I'm not just a fool who cleans his car too much.
LOL

As for concours competitions, yeah, a couple of my mates have mentioned that too.
But like I say, I detail my car out of personal interest and love for the car, not because I claim to be detailer of the year.
Besides, I'm sure there are alot more hardcore people that go to those competitions

LOL... I may even get "booed" off!

"Use that car"?.... absolutely.
I hear ya, bud.

The Brabus is pretty special, eh.
As I mentioned earlier, I saw the Brabus and the E55 "Rocket" playing "tag" on the way home and neither of them hang around! :eek:

Keep a kung-fu grip on that badboy, Cliff!

:thumb:

Shame you had to go early.

I'll make sure you stick around longer next time.

Hide your car keys or something.

:D

Dude:Is the only day off so I try and spend time with the kids,lol.I`ll see if i can come alone next time:)

Hmm, yes. I reckon you're one of those sleeper types.

You'll turn up with a 190E with a modified 63 lump in it or something.
lol

I'm watching you, my boy.

:D

You're right to think that I'll build something. Expect a good dose of stupidity and quixotic taste. It's still a very long way off.
I'll start a thread when i get the project started.

Hi,
Just like to say what a lovely day at brooklands and what a nice bunch of people with some superb cars.

C43 AMG (Peter) nice chap the first person to introduce himself on my arrival,lovely car and nice guy !

Palmball, wow my son thinks your car is "just so cool"

Cliff,that brabus SL is just the bees knees !

Also tho the chap with the 250000 miles e class that for the life of me remember your name !

Sorry i could not spend anymore time there as i had to come home and do some DIY.

Simon

Sorry chaps, I got unavoidable detained at home.

Looks like a good meet, we were up near Daventry all weekend so no chance :(

Hi bryan it was very nice to meet and talk to you, if you want a hand driving the models about i am your man lipstick, makeup dont mind that, use it myself ha ha see you soon bryan great day at brooklands :thumb:

Great Great Time

Hi All, what a great day!

It was so nice to meet you all, nice to put some faces to the names, the problems I have is remembering names, matching the names to the cars and forum names, by the time I arrived home I almost forgot where I had just come from!

Palmball & Vicky... What a nice car you have, it sounds stunning, I have always loved the C Class AMG models but yours was superb, my son Ashley fell in love with it, he said to me "Dad thats the car for me when I get older"

Rashman... Nice to meet you yet again, the condition of your car always amazes me, to keep it that way must be a full time job!

Jonnymerc...It was very nice to meet you, I did not get a chance to view your over your car (was it hidden) also was it you whose Pace Maker was beeping? lmao.

Honey Bear... It was great seeing you again, thanks for your advice for insurance for my so Ashley.

d w124... Nice to meet you again and to meet your kids, it was great that you took time to come and say hi to us.

Bryan Allman... Nice E55, did your son drive you home?

I will be posting some of the pictures that I had taken yesterday, I have left my camera in the boot of my car, which is not close by.

Hi to everybody who came and I have not mentioned.

See you all again soon

Cliff.

Hi cliff yes it was my pace maker going thankfully the old ticker is still going, i have the same trouble as you cliff remembering names i know why ,i am old whats your excuse lovely to see you and your son cliff we will do it again soon :thumb:

Cliff its not a problem. It would be good to see Ashley follow his fathers footsteps and get his hands on a merc. I was made very away of the biting point thanks to a lack of hand break; especially when parallel parking and hill starts. A tough instructor and practising tough manoeuvres, and making them tougher helps.

Although I feel like I have to make this clear; with older mercs please make sure it has TC. Mine was built 1 year (or so) before TC was made standard on all mercs. At least make sure it has that as an option. The ragamuffin doesn't. You saw my rear bumper.

Cant Remember!

Hi Guys, I cant remember the names of the 2 guys who came with their CL's :eek: one was a CL with the nice Vanilla and Coco colour leather interior and the other one was the CL with the alcantara roof lining, they were both very nice, I wanted to give them a shout out but I cant remember their names, one of them cracked the joke about jonnymercs pace maker going off (I still laugh at that now :bannana::thumb:) the owner of the other CL was parked in the corner of the car park and had some work done on his newly purchased autobahn stormer!
The guy who owned the SLK55 AMG came with his partner, I spoke with him for a while, I think he said he was a forum member, he was a nice guy, I dont think he came to the front car park afterwards, maybe he thought we had all gone.

Hi cliff i have the same trouble as you cliff remembering names i know why ,i am old whats your excuse.

my excuse is........I cant remenber.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom