• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C124 refurbish

Very nice!

Some M-B chrome indicator bulbs would look better here though:

FrontOS.jpg

They're a big improvement in my R129.

Very nice!

Some M-B chrome indicator bulbs would look better here though:

FrontOS.jpg

They're a big improvement in my R129.

Interesting - I did not know they were available.

So, how do they work?

I ask because I had an advisory stating my front direction indicator was slightly discoloured ie. the orange was peeling off .

Crickey. She's a pearler mate!

You seem to be missing a couple of rubber strips in the engine department, not sure if you knew but forgot to fit them or what, but they fit on the inboard edge of the front wings inside the engine bay.

I hope the wife is doing her bit and keeping the house clean!

W.

Give that man with the big glasses a coconut! :bannana:
Since you're so all-knowing, you must have known I have just returned from Mercedes Edinburgh, having ordered said strips :D:D:D - as well as a triangular guide for the seat belt and a handful of clips! :rock:

Seriously though, what a palaver! When it's as good as this, you start getting worryingly obsessive - and I know there are plenty on this Forum who are equally @n@!. Picky, picky, picky... thanks guys! :o:D

kth286, the doors "may" be galvanised, but they still rust along the top of the cladding. :(

Seeing the results makes me really regret selling my E320 coupe which was the same colour combination. The wheels look fantastic too. Well done!

Just about there! With all those detail shots I don't think I'll bother with any piccies of the whole car. You can just join them all together. :D

Cladding.jpg

Yes, folks - stand back in amazement: the lower panels have been done in high gloss to match the rest of the car. :bannana:

Final push tomorrow...

I trust the underside is as shiny & those tyre treads are in need of a clean and a coat of tyre black - as for the inside of the exhaust ;)

Looks lovely, once you've finished can I send you mine to fettle or will you be busy detailing the bathroom or lawnmower/microwave/smoke detectors etc. :D

Ade

So, how do they work?

I ask because I had an advisory stating my front direction indicator was slightly discoloured ie. the orange was peeling off .

I am in the same boat, i will have to sort my fading orange front winkers before the next MOT.

Badge.jpg

Remember, if you remove your badges with the intention of putting them back, always make a template!

Heavy rain forecast tomorrow, so I thought I would put you all out of your misery and post up a few pictures of the almost-finished article.

Still a couple of issues to resolve and I want to give her a final polish just to bring up that shine :p

S1s.jpg

S2s.jpg

S3s.jpg

S4s.jpg

Final thoughts over the weekend.

So, how do they work?

They have a chromed appearance, but light up orange. You can get M-B brand ones from any dealership ... as mentioned I have them in the R129, and also front and back in the Vito (which has completely clear lenses).

I'm normally lazy and get them from this seller on eBay - it's the parts dept. of an M-B commercial dealership:

21w 12v Chrome looking Orange flashing Indicator bulbs on eBay (end time 29-Jul-09 16:37:39 BST)

They sell the M-B alloy tyre valve covers too :)

The car looks like it is sitting slightly too high. Is it a Sportline?

Looks very nice indeed.

Curious about interior bits - how are the plastic trims covering the outside of the seatbelt extender housing faring? Mine have faded a slightly different colour to the other bits of plastic trim..

Also the metal strips to the glazing, mine are badly scuffed on the rear windows from grit in the window seals, there are also signs of chemical staining (presumably from our local car wash) on the front.

Ade

Who said the armrest was knackered? Who said that! That's patina, mate, patina! :devil:

but the armrest end trim (the thin rope at the edges) is broken

Curious about interior bits - how are the plastic trims covering the outside of the seatbelt extender housing faring? Mine have faded a slightly different colour to the other bits of plastic trim..

Ade

Mine also, especially on the drivers side plus a little piece has "cracked" out, (has been repaired).......but those plastic housings look unsightly anyway.........especially when they are worn...they are not one of the car's most pleasing aesthetic design points?

Looks very nice indeed.

Also the metal strips to the glazing, mine are badly scuffed on the rear windows from grit in the window seals, there are also signs of chemical staining (presumably from our local car wash) on the front.
Ade

belthousing.jpg

Can't say I've noticed any problems on either count, Ade.

Car Wash?:eek:

The car does not have Sportline - and having had it, or something similar on my previous 300CE-24, I wouldn't thank you for it now.

Having said that, she is pointing down a fairly steep hill and at the moment there is nothing in the boot - including no spare wheel.

Many thanks to all for the interest taken.

What an inspiration, I may have to go to work on mine, but will be very interested to see what the real cost of a exercise like this is!

The car looks absolutely brilliant Derek, can't wait to see it on the 25th. If you can wait until Tuesday...I'll give you some paint sealer to play with. Nice background of Swanston village...interesting fact #1. They are the only thatched roof houses in Edinburgh....interesting fact #2 They are mostly council houses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom