C350e anyone considering one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry for confusions. There's only one package

But when in traffic ... the E class' Driver Assistance is a step up ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In traffic Driver Assistance is close autonomous driving. Massive step up from the C classes Driver asssitance

Remote Parking Pilot is awesome too. I park in a car spot in the car park that no one else can use as it too narrow to get out of car once parked - no more door dings from inconsiderate drivers

So what is either side of you in these narrow spaces?

So what is either side of you in these narrow spaces?

501e448303556fe0bfd8c2fe242d1f53.jpg

That is cool. Bet you were nervous the first time you did it though :)

Thank you Mercedes.

Thank you Mercedes for your 3 week old car not starting on me at a hand jet car wash, leaving my 6 year old son and I stranded.

Thank you Mercedes for taking 2 hours to send a Mercedes roadside engineer and not taking my number down correctly to contact me, and for ignoring my many calls to you.

Thank you Mercedes for sending your Mercedes engineer with a diagnostic machine that did not work, and an engineer who has not had enough training courses to be able to investigate the problem. (his words)

Thank you Mercedes for taking another 2 hours to send a recovery truck to recover my car, leaving me stranded for even longer.

Thank you Mercedes Chester (Cheshire Oaks) for refusing to take my car in at 3pm today until Tuesday morning, meaning my car has to go into storage for three days.

Thank you Mercedes for dropping me off at a service station and then having to wait for another 2 hours to get a taxi to Manchester airport.

Thank you Mercedes and Europcar for refusing to deliver a courtesy car to either Chester Mercedes or where I was stranded as you were finishing at 4pm, despite the request being made at 1pm.

Thank you Mercedes for phoning me while I was in a taxi to Manchester airport with Europcar telling me that you should have not sent me to the airport as they may not have any cars.

Thank you Mercedes for eventually sorting me out with a Vauxhall Meriva! to drive to my family in Edinburgh tomorrow, a manual that after my back operation will have me in agony.

Thank you Mercedes for allowing me to get home at 8pm, after my car broke down before 11am.

Thank you Mercedes, for the abysmal customer service I have received all day, with none of your staff prepared to take any form of ownership.

Thank you Mercedes, you have ensured I shall never buy your brand again.:fail:fail:fail:fail:fail:fail:fail

so got the news today, after being in the garage for a week my three week old car needs an entire new hybrid battery pack, as the onein my car is faulty / dead, £15k replacement, thankfully under warranty...

That's both bad news and good news. Hope you get the car back pronto.

An absurd price though. I'm about to have a 14kWh Tesla powerwall installed at home and it's about 1/3 that price and contains a whole system including charging, cooling and inverter.

Saw an ad on TV last night suggesting that I ask for an extended test drive of a Merc C-class. Although I've done a short test drive with someone who knew nothing about the car, I was thinking that I needed to evaluate the real world performance of a fully charged car and do some of my normal journeys, so thought I'd give it a go.

However, there is so much interest in this model and they only have 1 in North London, that they can't lend it to me for a day. It has been suggested that Mercedes Chelsea might be a better bet.

If they're so popular, why don't they get more in?!

When I was looking initially and thinking perhaps to buy used, there seemed to be an awful lot of them in Bristol.

I tried to organise a test drive in one but after a couple of weeks I gave up and I did my test drive of the C350e in a C300h......logic being that the 350e would be better in every way (for me) than the 300h. It is, thankfully! The only nasty surprise I got was how crap the petrol engine sounds at idle, particularly when cold.

You do notice more urge on a full battery vs. a flat one in Comfort, but that makes sense as its trying to stay on battery if it can and seems to want to hang on to the last few % of charge by giving less 'go'. In Sport, you shouldn't ever feel any performance drop based on charge as it always retains some capacity for that purpose. I think! It does bug me that they don't do a simple description of the strategy it uses in the different modes to help understand how to get the best of it.

Based on a few longer runs with no charge after first setting off, driven 'normally' it gives 50mpg no bother. That was an airport run. Round trip of about 270 miles. Self discharge in 13 nights parked up was 1% I think.

They do seem rare in the dealerships though don't they. Weird.

I've just had one for the weekend (Friday am to Monday pm), and loved it.
This was from Mercedes Bury St. Edmunds.
We've ordered some at the company I work for, hopefully I won't have to wait too long!

So what is the current lead time?

I ordered at the end of January and still haven't got a real delivery date.

Ordered mine October 4th 2016, took delivery May 15th 2017. Worth the wait [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C350e lead time

You have a rough build date?

I ordered at the end of January through Lex. In the first week of February I was given an estimate of the 11th July.

Same date quoted since.

Can't wait. I have tried to save the planet with a 1.6 diesel golf. I need some acceleration:devil:

So is it generally a 6-7 month waiting lit for one of these.

My BIL fancies one but is under pressure to chop in his current company car as it's into the more expensive mileage band.

Newbie and just ordered C350E estate via Leaseplan, i have the car over a 2yr option as was not much more expensive leaving me the option to review how beneficial the economy is, particular as the future BIK is likely to increase, The question is is it worth reviewing fitting a at home charging point or just go for a 3pin outdoor extension. Aware will take longer to charge but if leaving overnight not an issue, does this choice impact on the "morning " warm up feature of seats etc?

Well about a month into running the car and I'm averaging around 53 mpg. As this is far better than the diesel that preceded it I'm quite happy with that. Do have a question though, for those who have been running a C350e for longer than me.

I'm due to be away for just over three weeks soon. The question is should I leave the car 'plugged in' or not?

I have a charging point at home so it would be a 'locked in' 16 amp type 2 cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newbie and just ordered C350E estate via Leaseplan, i have the car over a 2yr option as was not much more expensive leaving me the option to review how beneficial the economy is, particular as the future BIK is likely to increase, The question is is it worth reviewing fitting a at home charging point or just go for a 3pin outdoor extension. Aware will take longer to charge but if leaving overnight not an issue, does this choice impact on the "morning " warm up feature of seats etc?

I've had my car 12 months now and I have only used the 3 pin plug charger. BUT I have rigged it up in such a way that it works the same as a fixed charger. It's screwed to the inside of my garage wall. It is always on. The connector is hung on an outside hook and all I have to do is reverse up to it and plug in. There's no faffing about.

If you can work it like this, then there's no real need for a "proper" charger other than it being quicker. I still use the preheat for the winter mornings, and that's on the 8 AMP setting, rather than the full 13. You have to adjust your departure time to give it time to charge back up. So if you leave at 0700, set your departure time for 0630 for instance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom