C43 To C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening, I hope everyone has had a good Christmas - I know it's not been easy/possible for a lot of people under the circumstances.

I picked up my C63 on the 23rd (well my Dad did on my behalf..) unfortunately I've not been able to enjoy it yet as I've had to have an operation last week and I'm still recovering - should be back up and running soon though :)

I've had a chance to look at it in daylight today and unfortunately it's going to have to go back to the dealership - when I first viewed the car there were a lot of scratches on the rear which I pointed out and they agreed to get the rear of the car resprayed, but it turns out it hasn't been sorted despite them telling my Dad it had been done when he collected it for me.
All the scratches are still there, and for some reason they've gone round and touched up the stonechips on the front of the car so that now looks a mess as well - unless you were close up and looking for them you couldn't really tell it had any before :rolleyes: - the touchup paint doesn't match and they've put too much paint on so it's raised.

I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow, hopefully just a case of them apologising and booking it in for the respray to actually be done this time, can't see why there would be any hassle TBH.
The front I'm annoyed about though, originally I was going to speak to a few PPF installers and get their thoughts on whether PPF over the existing chips would be hidden as they were so small, with the expectation I'd probably have to get it painted, with what has been done it will definitely need a respray now.

On a more positive note, cold starts really are fantastic in this thing :D

Congrats dude! Wish you a blessed and speedy recovery :)

I was actually contemplating getting into a C43 Saloon as a daily from the A3 V6. MPG is similar, yet the AMG is miles ahead in terms of performance and tech :) However online specs portray an image that the C43 and C63S MPG figures are very similar :/ Which I find hard to believe! Please let us know your thoughts on the real world MPG difference :) Would be interesting coming from someone who has daily'd both.

Kind Regards,

I was actually contemplating getting into a C43 Saloon as a daily from the A3 V6. MPG is similar, yet the AMG is miles ahead in terms of performance and tech :) However online specs portray an image that the C43 and C63S MPG figures are very similar :/ Which I find hard to believe! Please let us know your thoughts on the real world MPG difference :) Would be interesting coming from someone who has daily'd both.

Kind Regards,
I've run both, they're not a million miles apart. You can't give the C63S a heavy foot all the time and as a daily it's often working in quite a lazily efficient way, just taking stuff in its stride. They're quite different animals though.

Last edited:
Was incredibly tempted with the C43 for an all round vehicle myself and would of saved quite a bit of money too but let's be real, it isn't really an Amg at all, just a high version Mercedes-Benz, should be called a C450. So I myself opted for a fully spec c63 amg and zero regrets!

But glad you got the C63 amg, congrats!! With regards to the stonechips I have absolutely no stonechips on the front or the bonnet, I would highly recommend a PPF on this section of the vehicle, it does cost around £800-1000 depending how far up you go on the car but honestly the best extra I have ever done for any car!

Forget ceramic coating, it will not protect you from a stone chip. Only thing is if you look carefully you can see that there is plastic on your vehicle but it's hard to tell unless your looking for it. Nevertheless, 100% recommended!

Kind Regards,
Thanks! I'm back to full strength now and cleared to drive, just got to wait to get my car back from having the paintwork sorted out and PPF put on - should be done next week :)
Regarding MPG, it's really down to how you drive, in the C43 I averaged 24MPG over 16k miles which wasn't bad IMO. 37-40mpg was pretty easy if you stuck to 70-75 on the motorway.
I can't comment personally on the C63 yet, to give you an idea the previous owner of mine averaged 19MPG over 9k miles, I don't know how they drove it though.
End of the day it's all about the Smiles Per Gallon ;)

Was incredibly tempted with the C43 for an all round vehicle myself and would of saved quite a bit of money too but let's be real, it isn't really an Amg at all, just a high version Mercedes-Benz, should be called a C450. So I myself opted for a fully spec c63 amg and zero regrets!

But glad you got the C63 amg, congrats!! With regards to the stonechips I have absolutely no stonechips on the front or the bonnet, I would highly recommend a PPF on this section of the vehicle, it does cost around £800-1000 depending how far up you go on the car but honestly the best extra I have ever done for any car!

Forget ceramic coating, it will not protect you from a stone chip. Only thing is if you look carefully you can see that there is plastic on your vehicle but it's hard to tell unless your looking for it. Nevertheless, 100% recommended!

Cheers :) its been sent to have full PPF along with having the paint sorted out, cost a fortune but I didn't want to take the risk of scratches with magno paint once it's been repaired.

Thanks! I'm back to full strength now and cleared to drive, just got to wait to get my car back from having the paintwork sorted out and PPF put on - should be done next week :)
Regarding MPG, it's really down to how you drive, in the C43 I averaged 24MPG over 16k miles which wasn't bad IMO. 37-40mpg was pretty easy if you stuck to 70-75 on the motorway.
I can't comment personally on the C63 yet, to give you an idea the previous owner of mine averaged 19MPG over 9k miles, I don't know how they drove it though.
End of the day it's all about the Smiles Per Gallon ;)

Cheers :) its been sent to have full PPF along with having the paint sorted out, cost a fortune but I didn't want to take the risk of scratches with magno paint once it's been repaired.

That's good to hear pal! :) Will be a lovely treat once you get the motor back!

24 mpg is actually very good and similar to what I'm getting in the A3! Haha agreed, C63 is definitely all about smiles per gallon! :cool: I'm loving my 507, the sort of cars that make any gloomy day something to smile about :p

Hi WylieECoyote
Can you tell me more about the Barabus 450 chip, what is the torque increase, does it affect the gearbox, what it costs and who fits it?

all i can say is that after test driving both, they are night and day. C63 is a thug whilst the 43 is more civilised. The exhaust note on the 43 can actually be louder but sounds more manufactured and theres no v8 burble of course. After trying both briefly, there was no way i was getting a c43 :)

Hi WylieECoyote
Can you tell me more about the Barabus 450 chip, what is the torque increase, does it affect the gearbox, what it costs and who fits it?
Hi,

When I was thinking about it the reason the Brabus chip interested me most was that they give you a warranty with it which I understand is recognised/accepted by Mercedes so they will still work on a modified vehicle - I was willing to accept the extra expense for this. All the information I found about the chip and authorised dealers I found from the Brabus website. I emailed Brabus for further information but unfortunately never got a reply, so I contacted the closest authorised dealer listed on their website but they replied by saying they didn't fit the 450 chip. I didn't have the best of luck you might say but didn't try other Brabus dealers as I arranged test drives in the meantime.
The final issue was that I tested the C43 and C63 back to back and once I'd driven both there was only one to have. Both were great, but the C43 was smoother and less urgent and sharp than the C63 so I went for that as the dealer really wanted my business and found me a car at the price I wanted to pay - ended up with a saloon rather than coupe though mainly for practicality.

Sorry I can't give you any useful help but I will say I was pretty disappointed that Brabus didn't reply given the prices they charge..

Cheers

Surprised that Brabus don't seem to have any presence (Auth Dealers) in the UK. Have they fallen out with MB UK perhaps or has this always been the case?

They do have a partnership with an MB main dealership in N.I.

It might be that they're geared towards selling vehicles that Brabus are more interested in selling fully modified vehicles rather than parts fo tweak standards ones. Not sure.

There are several Brabus dealers in the UK. I use Bob Forstner but Sandown and Zenith Performance also spring to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom