• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63 AMG - Engine Trouble :(

Injector sticking? I've read a few posts about cars in the states having issues.

Well... finally here is an update. Problems with the bottom end have caused the pistons to come too high and they're hitting the valves. The cars had new bottom end, new valve train, new pistons, new cam adjusters, new camshaft, new crankshaft.. you name it.. the list is massive.

Anyway, I got totally fed up with Mercedes and got a solicitors letter out to them saying I wasn't prepared to take this car back. I collect my replacement C63 on Saturday...

Nice work, at least you are staying with the fold.

No doubt your old car is on the Mercedes Approved used site already....

S

Dealer showed me the repair bill going to MB for warranty work on my old car... just a few pence shy of £30k!!

Dealer showed me the repair bill going to MB for warranty work on my old car... just a few pence shy of £30k!!

Bloody Hell! - would it not have been cheaper to grab an engine off the production line and courier it over to be swapped.

I think I would of wanted it back if everything was replaced at a cost of 30K

I bought a hand built one man built one hand crafted engine, not one thats been butchered by a load of local dealership technicians for 4 months... that car will never be the same again, I've lost faith in it and I deserve something out of the deal for my 4 month saga! The new cars got better wheels, 4 zone climate control, reversing camera and a few other little bits and bobs mine didn't have... and its newer.

Bloody Hell! - would it not have been cheaper to grab an engine off the production line and courier it over to be swapped.

Yeah - you'd think. I did say that to them waaay before it. I said just replace the engine and stop messing about and I'll keep this car. God knows the logic behind it all. They've now paid £30k to repair a car, the costs of putting me in a hire car for months (after a few weeks in the bog basic C class I made them hire me a CLS from enterprise) and the cost of changing my car...

Good result well done,what spec c63 have you gone for ? new/used ?

I bought a hand built one man built one hand crafted engine, not one thats been butchered by a load of local dealership technicians for 4 months... that car will never be the same again, I've lost faith in it and I deserve something out of the deal for my 4 month saga! The new cars got better wheels, 4 zone climate control, reversing camera and a few other little bits and bobs mine didn't have... and its newer.

You think hand crafted? I'm far from convinced. Hand assembled maybe. They make too many of them nowadays to be anything but.

Yeah - you'd think. I did say that to them waaay before it. I said just replace the engine and stop messing about and I'll keep this car. God knows the logic behind it all. They've now paid £30k to repair a car, the costs of putting me in a hire car for months (after a few weeks in the bog basic C class I made them hire me a CLS from enterprise) and the cost of changing my car...

They won't have hired it. Enterprise manage Mercedes owned fleet. They have a list of which cars they supply. Enterprise owned cars are at the bottom.

PS - Sounds like you did well!

You think hand crafted? I'm far from convinced. Hand assembled maybe. They make too many of them nowadays to be anything but.

They won't have hired it. Enterprise manage Mercedes owned fleet. They have a list of which cars they supply. Enterprise owned cars are at the bottom.

PS - Sounds like you did well!

No it was hired... as they had nothing decent on fleet. I went down to the local enterprise place to pick one with the service manager. I have an enterprise hire sheet here for the car I signed, invoiced to Mercedes Benz...

No it was hired... as they had nothing decent on fleet. I went down to the local enterprise place to pick one with the service manager. I have an enterprise hire sheet here for the car I signed, invoiced to Mercedes Benz...

youch

Good result well done,what spec c63 have you gone for ? new/used ?

It's an approved used car I have agreed to take. This is black instead of white, has the 19" wheels instead of my 18"s.. 4 zone climate, reversing camera and its '60 plate (6 months newer than mine) with half the mileage... so i've come out if it pretty well :)

It's certainly greater than the price difference between a new C63 and the highest non-AMG engined version.

A scary illustration of the potential real costs (if MB labour rates are real...) of a used 63 if you get a rogue one, or one that hasn't been treated well by its original owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom