• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63 Power Cut

supaer

Car
Here - C63s AMG - GONE - C63 507 - Here - Golf R - Here - BMW M135i - GONE - M4 Competition
So this has happened to me several times (approx 6) in the last two months.

I am driving on the motorway between 40-70 and floor the car, all of a sudden it goes for it and then immediately cuts with a huge jerk. I take my foot of and then try again and it accelerates albeit a little bit slower than usual.

The car had a gearbox recalibration by Mercedes to sort out some jerkiness which i was experiencing and the car is re mapped and secondary cats removed.

Am booked in to Eurocharged for them to try and diagnose it, wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks

ESP cutting in? I can get this by flooring it at motorway speeds on a slightly damp surface

conditions all times were bone dry. It doesnt feel like ESP, it feels a lot harsher when it cuts out like it jerks you forward.

Will try remove the map soon as well, tyres have quite a bit of tread left to.

N/a

Do you get EML or Traction Warning when this happens?

On my C55 it used to do "similar" to this if I floored it from about 50. It was a wheel sensor on the rear (cheap fix).

The power would cut with thump and stay cut until I turned off then on again.

NB. Any MAP would be suspect if you went to MB. They would most likely insist that you remove it to stock before attempting diagnosis. Unless you have friendly MB tech.

not sure if it has any relation but I used to get this on my sprinter van. It was a faulty traction control sensor on the rear wheels.

I am not sure if this is the same thing, but on my CL63, (it happened 3 times), I went to floor it and the engine basically cut out. . very dangerous as the power steering was affected momentarily.

It turned out to be a faulty knock sensor, sending a false signal and as such cutting the engine power to "save the engine".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom