C63 purchasing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bp1000

Car
Hi all

I'm selling my 335 coupe soon which will be replaced with a c63 saloon and I have some questions about ownership, servicing and warranty.

I will most likely buy a 2010 c63 with the view of extending the warranty. Is this around the £1000 mark and are there any limitations, excesses or stipulations like getting dealer stamps?

I think the 3 bands of servicing are roughly £200, £300 if I supply oil but how much is the biggie 3rd band servicing please?

I assume the servicing bands cover everything that needs swapping at certain mileages and the only extras I would need to pay are if the car logs a fault or has worn parts etc?

Therefore is there anything i need to be aware of if I'm buying a car with 40k miles on it? I.e big service due or some type of fluid swap?

I gather the disks and pads are around £1,200 fitted, do they last around 40-50k?

Apart from that any tips on buying, I would probably be spending 32-36k I reckon, anything I should look out for? I understand some 08 cars had oil consumption issues, I assume this was fixed? Any other issues to be aware of and what extras are a must? I'm likely going for a black car with the light interior. Just on the lookout now, will be my first merc once the BMW goes

Thanks

Welcome to MBClub and nice choice :thumb:

Servicing excludes "additional item" which are triggered by time and mileage thresholds. From memory:

Coolant 15 years
Transmission fluid 4 years
Spark plugs 4 years
Air filter 4 years
Fuel filter 4 years
Brake fluid 2 years
etc

So the third or fourth service could be a biggie if you're unlucky.

Those are excluded from standard service prices, but are usually included if you ask for a price for your specific car.

Discs and pads vary depending upon whether you have the upgraded brake package, and rang from "expensive" to "hoooooow much"?

Last edited:
There is a major weakness with the m156 engine. So much so in the US there is legal action about it. Buy a C350cdi

Are you financing it or paying straight up? Either way might be worth looking at a new build. I was put off from used route by various reports. The new facelift C63 is a lot better. Might be worth giving a dealer a shout and see what offers they are doing. Believe merc are still doing hefty dealer contribution. Obviously you can increase deposit to lower monthly etc.

There is a major weakness with the m156 engine. So much so in the US there is legal action about it. Buy a C350cdi

That's very old news, I wouldn't worry about it - the Americans will start court action over a spilt coffee.

S

Simon_M said:
That's very old news, I wouldn't worry about it - the Americans will start court action over a spilt coffee.

S

Didn't a new c63 on here just lunch it's engine and over on the other forum a chaps S63 is in big trouble.

He's looking at used ones too, I'm just advising of a potential serious issue with the engine.

No, it was a 2010 car.

So that is 2 out of how many 63 engines made over many years for the C, CLK, E, CLS, S, CL & SLS models over many years.

I am sure just as many diesels blow up don't they?

No, it was a 2010 car.

So that is 2 out of how many 63 engines made over many years for the C, CLK, E, CLS, S, CL & SLS models over many years.

DIEsels smoke so much they all look like they are blowing up all of the time :D

Wow I thought the c63 engines were bullet proof apart from a bad batch in 2008.

Haven't they been putting them in all amg variants in various forms of tune for quite some time now?

I must admit the finance offers look tempting especially after someone mentioned the facelift isn't as problematic. Is this to say the per facelift has some known mechanical problems?

I just looked at it and thought I would spend roughly £25k-£27k on finance or I could spend just a little more and own a lowish mileage car for similar money. I would expect it would still be worth something in the mid to high teens in another 3 years.

Is the potential servicing with extras going to be nudging the £500-£700 region? Which is kind of what I expected a big service to be on such a car?

Simon_M said:
No, it was a 2010 car.

Read the Op, he's mentioned a 2010.

I'm just trying to be helpful ;)

We're not discussing diesels but the M156 engined car that the Op is interested in.

Wow I thought the c63 engines were bullet proof apart from a bad batch in 2008.

Haven't they been putting them in all amg variants in various forms of tune for quite some time now?

I must admit the finance offers look tempting especially after someone mentioned the facelift isn't as problematic. Is this to say the per facelift has some known mechanical problems?

I just looked at it and thought I would spend roughly £25k-£27k on finance or I could spend just a little more and own a lowish mileage car for similar money. I would expect it would still be worth something in the mid to high teens in another 3 years.

Is the potential servicing with extras going to be nudging the £500-£700 region? Which is kind of what I expected a big service to be on such a car?

The engines are in the main bullet proof plenty of happy owners here.

Read the Op, he's mentioned a 2010.

I'm just trying to be helpful ;)

We're not discussing diesels but the M156 engined car that the Op is interested in.

You're just popping away like you are on you other post.

Do you learn nothing from your 'holiday'?

S

An extended warranty should cover me if anything goes. It's quite pricey at another 1k per year.

Hello BP1000
welcome to the forum

ive a C63 heres a few notes to get you started
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/116031-c63-one-year-few-stats.html

just noticed you are looking for a 2010 model mine is that so if you have any specific questions when you get to 20 posts PM me
im no techie but i can advise on occurrences etc ive done 38,000 in one
cheers

oh answer to your question (one of them) 3rd service was £650 and agree 1st was £200 and 2nd was £300 ish

Last edited:
This post could be read as baiting and has already been reported by a forum member.

I see smokey diesels every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom