• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

C63. Transmission whine from rear nearside.

Rataxes

Car
E63s
My car is a 2014 C63 which has done just under 14000 miles. It's got the 19" multi spoke wheels with 10 mm H&R spacers front and rear with H&R lengthened bolts. I fitted these not long after I bought it to give the car a bit more of an aggressive stance. The spacers and bolts are the size recommended by H&R. I'm aware fitting the spacers may invalidate the warranty but I'll deal with that if I have to.

A few months ago the car started to make what I can only describe as a transmission whine from the rear nearside on part throttle about 45-50 mph.

I've taken it in to my local MB dealer as it's still under warranty and the technician heard it too when he took it for a drive. He had a look at the car in the workshop and couldn't find anything obviously amiss. He reckoned it may be the spacers which are causing or have caused the problem.

It was suggested the car was booked in again and driven with what he called 'listening equipment' attached so they could perhaps determine what the noise is.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem or may have an idea what it is. Is it likely the spacers have caused problems?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers.

Possible wheel bearing failing? Does the noise go or diminish if the spacers are removed?

Is the car fitted with an LSD?

(Never mind the warranty, what about your insurers, are they happy with spacers?)

Remove the spacers and if asked by the dealer where's the spacers reply "what spacers"

Yeah but can they prove it ;-)

Mine always go in back to standard apart from the exhaust I give them no chance to wriggle

I think that horse has already bolted as the dealer has seen it with the spacers fitted.

Take the spacers off and go to another dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom