• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Cam covers torque settings 55 AMG

Billy-cls55

Car
Does any one know why these cam covers leak, done mine 3 months ago and can see slight oil leak again both sides, just ordered 2 x gaskets from merc if anyone knows some magic trick let me know please.

I think the torque setting is 9nm can someone advise please

Thats weird. I've done hundreds of sets but never twice.

Are they MB gaskets? Did you pinch one? I always use a very small blob of sealant to hold the gasket in place. I use the official mb sealant.

Are they MB gaskets? Did you pinch one? I always use a very small blob of sealant to hold the gasket in place. I use the official mb sealant.

I never did them myself last time, yes original, but will do them this time, seems they are both weeping at the engine end.

Going to strip get them vapour blasted, powered coated via a friend and refit hopefully that will do, then I am going to do the inlets again at a later time, if anyone is looking to have theirs done let me know, and I will see what I can do.

Okay Olly

All back together and thanks for your help on this and the other bits, so far so good, done the cam covers, breathers, inlets, injectors flow tested and cleaned.

Dyno run next at SSR, was running 529 bhp standard then 564 with Jerrys map, now have a pulley so I am interested to what I am getting now, but seems much quicker with the pulley and the latest map from Jerry.

You need a Cooler box next....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom