• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Can anyone explain to me how parktronic and bluetooth 2.5 works

niketpatel71

As the title states on my cls when the yellow lights are illuminated on the parking sensors what does that mean? What does it mean when the red lights are illuminated how do I know how close I am to the object? Also to connect my iphone 4 to comand do i need a phone cradle thanks?

yellow light you are close.

more yellow lights - you are closer.

red light you are too close, park it there!

The distances are given in the manual.

Sorry no nothing about phones.

if you have bluetooth prep then you need to go to telephone in comand to set up the pairing as you would with any device--- if not then you need a bluetooth cradle- eg viseeo/fiscon

ps for your parking sensors- the front ones youd have spotted the display on the dash but the rear display is on the roof liner at the top of the rear screen so adjust your rear view mirror so you see it

parktronic takes some getting used to compared to other parking sensors as it its not audible till your in the red ie too close so keep watching!

as above, parktronic is a bit iffy even for me i only worked out where the rear screen is about 3 weeks after owning the car (after i actually put the car in nutral and got out and stood behind the car to hear the bleep) as i thought it doesnt work and was driving like that for 2 weeks before i had seen the rear parktronic screen !!

Bluetooth/phone look in your armrest to see if there is a phone type device (looks like a old nokia phone) if you dont have that you probably dont have bluetooth installed, if you see a small triangular shaped plastic thing, try to pop it off if it comes off and you can see a connection behind it you just need to purchase the add on that RMS is talking about or a MB Sap v2 bluetooth module then you just tap on Phone on the command unit and go through the steps :)

a
Bluetooth/phone look in your armrest to see if there is a phone type device (looks like a old nokia phone) if you dont have that you probably dont have bluetooth installed

Karim, the cars with bluetooth prep dont necessarily have the unit- my Cclasss dont but the S does

Ahh thanks for the corection RMS :)

lol no probs,

basically look in the armrest and on comand

He has NTG2.5 which has full built in bluetooth, he doesnt need the UHI connector. You can pair the phone directly to the Comand unit.

Have a look at your user manual to see the procedure. If you dont have one you can download it at www.mercupgrades.com

if you have bluetooth prep then you need to go to telephone in comand to set up the pairing as you would with any device
It can be easier to set up from the phone - press the TEL button on the Comand unit and navigate to the add device section, then on your phone turn on Bluetooth look in the Bluetooth settings for something like MB-Bluetooth. Select pair and enter a number when asked. You should then get a message on the Comand unit to enter the same number and that's it.

One other tip:
If you don't want to import your entire contacts list, set up some dummy records in your phone with just name and phone no. and try exporting them one by one to the Comand unit from your phone contacts app. I only need a few in my car, and it's easier to select 'John' or 'Jill' than scroll through loads of entries in Surname, Name format. :thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom