Can't find locking wheel nut key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorgster

Hi All

I just bought a 2010 E250 CDI Coupe - and I love it.

Only problem I have is that I need to change a tyre and can't find the key for the locking wheel nuts.

Is there a "factory" place to store them in the car?

Thanks for any help.
Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually it's in a black box along with the four bolts the locking nut replaces. If you have the box but no key check if there is a white card in there. There will be a code. You can buy a replacement from MB for £35.

Mine was in the centre arm rest in the rear. Try also under the boot with the space saver if you have one.

As above should be in the black box, mine was waiting for me on my seat as I remembered asking the garage before I left to collect it

Could be in with the spare wheel under the boot carpet

Failing that go to a dealer, ask to borrow their bunch of locking keys for a few minutes whilst you nip outside and try them all, once you find the one that fits simply order that locking key

Jonesy161 said:
Isn't it as simple of going back to where you got the car from?

Any dealership should have them, providing they're the original MB nuts I guess

Any dealership should have them, providing they're the original MB nuts I guess

Indeed they should. The tyre fitter snapped the locking wheel bolt on my missus old A160.
I drove it to the local dealer and the parts guys came out with a box of about 50 different locking nut sockets all numbered. Took about 30 secs to find the correct one which they had in stock. I left £32 lighter with a locking nut socket.

AMGeed said:
Indeed they should. The tyre fitter snapped the locking wheel bolt on my missus old A160. I drove it to the local dealer and the parts guys came out with a box of about 50 different locking nut sockets all numbered. Took about 30 secs to find the correct one which they had in stock. I left £32 lighter with a locking nut socket.

:eek: I'm always tempted to drill a small hole in mine and insert on a key ring with the keys, but I'm normally quite careful with the whereabouts of stuff

AMGeed said:
Mine is always left in the locked glove box.

Keep mine in the little box and safely tucked into the spare wheel well. In the work van it's kept alongside the cigarette lighter within the ash tray, hearing them rattle I know they're safe!

Thanks for the replies. I went to the local dealer and they sorted me out for around £35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom