Centre Consol in CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_g

Just picked up an Aug02 CLK320 (new shape)
The centre consol (under the phone kit) seems to be 90% filled with a grey plastic box ... does anyone know what this is? I assumed that it was part of the phonekit but the dealer said it was to do with the aircon :confused:

Also the model I have has a tiny unusable (press and pop out) bin in the dash instead of the cupholder. Is it easy to swap it for a cupholder myself or do I need a dealer to do it?

Cheers

Andy

andy_g said:
Just picked up an Aug02 CLK320 (new shape)
The centre consol (under the phone kit) seems to be 90% filled with a grey plastic box ... does anyone know what this is? I assumed that it was part of the phonekit but the dealer said it was to do with the aircon :confused:

Also the model I have has a tiny unusable (press and pop out) bin in the dash instead of the cupholder. Is it easy to swap it for a cupholder myself or do I need a dealer to do it?

Cheers

Andy

if you mean around the radio then maybe its for COMAND?

the cupholder should be an easy mod to do yourself....

i dont have a W209 though so dont take my word for anything :rolleyes:

I've seen a car similar to mine but with the phone kit and that did also have a box in the centre console which I doesn't have, I assumed it was for the phone kit.

The cup holder is a DIY job, just order it from the dealer.

Is it the pull out box in the centre arm rest? I think that this pushes back in leaving a reasonable glove box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom