Cheapest Mod Ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by WLeg
These come in Packets of 5, so if anyone wants one, I've got 4 spare....
They do? I got mine as a single for 20p + VAT.

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
They do? I got mine as a single for 20p + VAT.
Some dealerships will respect the "minimum quantity" on some orders, some wont. If a stealership has them in stock then they will probably sell one, if they have none in stock they may want you to buy the whole minimum quantity order.

Originally posted by Shude
Some dealerships will respect the "minimum quantity" on some orders, some wont. If a stealership has them in stock then they will probably sell one, if they have none in stock they may want you to buy the whole minimum quantity order.
My dealer was out of stock and had to order one especially for me :D I ordered it on a Wed and it was delivered on a Sat when I popped over and picked it up. It must have cost them more than 20 odd pence in the admin alone for getting it :p

S.

Steve,

Thanks for solving a problem for me. I’ve been wondering how to make a good job of blocking the keyhole but never thought of that, doh! And there’s one in my door handle I see every day!!

I want to do it because when I disconnected my battery and shut the boot lid – big mistake, it took ages to un seize the lock and get it open again.

Cheers

Originally posted by Simon
Steve,

Thanks for solving a problem for me. I’ve been wondering how to make a good job of blocking the keyhole but never thought of that, doh! And there’s one in my door handle I see every day!!

I want to do it because when I disconnected my battery and shut the boot lid – big mistake, it took ages to un seize the lock and get it open again.

Cheers
Whenever I disconnect the battery I make sure I have at least one door unlocked and that the rear seats have been unlatched, so if I need to I can get into the boot and reconnect the battery that way, both my driver's door lock and the boot lock are siezed :mad:

S.

I use to love opening the boot from a distance when carrying shopping to car...especially when someone was walking passed (obviously not too close)...always made them wonder what was going on...!

Great fun...I miss my C class....

FYI: I use Motorcyle chainlube spray in all my locks and have never experienced a seized lock! I will continue using it too.

A2107660056 : COVER : EUR 94

See that? List price is now 75p on these little rascals! I pleaded poverty and got a couple for nothing. I put one on the door handle lock and other on the bootlock (I have still never actually used either lock! ;) )

Attachments

• lockcovers.jpg
    lockcovers.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 89
Shude said:
...See that? List price is now 75p on these little rascals!
:eek: 75p? They used to be 20p+VAT about 24p all in. That's over 200% increase :crazy:
Shude said:
I pleaded poverty and got a couple for nothing.
It's amazing what that can do, it once knocked 17 quid off a service for me.
Shude said:
I put one on the door handle lock and other on the bootlock (I have still never actually used either lock! ;) )
Neither have I, so do your locks actually work or are they siezed like mine, I haven't bothered with trying mine in ages.

S.

p.s. Did your car not have a lock cover for the doorlock when you bought it?

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
Neither have I, so do your locks actually work or are they siezed like mine, I haven't bothered with trying mine in ages.
I've not tried them so I don't know, might have a go with them tomorrow. It would be nice to know that I could get into the car with the blade-key, it was about £7 after all! :eek:

Shude said:
When you press the button, I think it still uses the solenoid, try opening the boot and then while it's open press the button and listen...you hear a mechanical/motor type noise!
When you press the modelupdated 97+ trunklocks - the lock is vacuum operated (the lock is just a switch)...but when the trunk is open and the trunklight is on - you can press the lock as often as you want - but no vacuumpump noise - untill you switch off the trunklight (disconnect the ground in the trunklight switch).

@ Alps: First W202 update was in 1995 (switches - instrument cluster and some other stuff)...second update (non vissible) 1996 - new headlights and different springs (with 210 springpads instead of 201 springpads)...real update 1997

greetingz,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom