CL500 W215 ‘Paid In Full’ Style

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Killer running costs and bills aside, it's a lovely looking thing and definitely worth a keeping for a number of reasons.

Looks good!

Killer running costs and bills aside, it's a lovely looking thing and definitely worth a keeping for a number of reasons.

Looks good!
Yep, I’m just going to say that again just so it makes me feel better - bills aside, you’re right!
I appreciate the comment!

Just joined this forum and this is first thread I've read through and what an awesome story/transformation of your old mans car id love it if my kids took on one of my cars when there older and started making there own memories with it, looks great and your doing a proper job as well great work mate.
I’m glad I was your first thread and you loved it!

I appreciate the kind words and hope you stick around for further updates!

Quick update as I haven’t been on here in a couple weeks.

Managed to free a couple days from work last week and took a trip to MSL Performance to sort some adjustments on the lowering links - it sits slightly lower but even on each corner now.
Decided to give it a well deserved Polish (Not enough time to do a full blown compounding yet) and a wax sealant to get it ready for the weekend. And as you can see from the pictures, wow. The shine is crazy!

Everywhere the car went it had people staring, asking questions, complementing it etc... Made all the hard work through summer worth it.

I might try to claim, one of the cleanest examples (Exterior wise) in the UK🤣🤣🤣

Also, if anyone has a chrome trim piece for the passenger side front bumper moulding - I will buy it NOW. I have been searching for months and keep being sent the pre facelift trim.

Another update, another issue🤣🤣

Yesterday, was on the motorway coming back from the gym doing about 80, felt a light knock from under neath the car near the gear box and now there’s a constant vibration above 60mph. Doesn’t make the vibration at all below it and pulls through the gears fine. No oil leaks, no crunching, changes gears smoothly everything is all good, just a vibration through the gear stick.

Did some research online and found the Flexi disc’s can deteriorate and cause this issue. Got two new ones arriving tomorrow or Friday and hoping this sorts it. By the way, from what I’ve seen, roughly 3 hour job? I’ve got a 4 post lift and my exhaust when I got it made can be split into three sections so doesn’t have to be completely removed. Could possibly be sub 2 hour job with the right tools? Any body had any experience with this?

Thanks

Another update, another issue🤣🤣

Yesterday, was on the motorway coming back from the gym doing about 80, felt a light knock from under neath the car near the gear box and now there’s a constant vibration above 60mph. Doesn’t make the vibration at all below it and pulls through the gears fine. No oil leaks, no crunching, changes gears smoothly everything is all good, just a vibration through the gear stick.

Did some research online and found the Flexi disc’s can deteriorate and cause this issue. Got two new ones arriving tomorrow or Friday and hoping this sorts it. By the way, from what I’ve seen, roughly 3 hour job? I’ve got a 4 post lift and my exhaust when I got it made can be split into three sections so doesn’t have to be completely removed. Could possibly be sub 2 hour job with the right tools? Any body had any experience with this?

Thanks
Sorry, I didn’t mention, I will be replacing both prop shaft Flexi discs.

Fresh Windscreen! No more chips, pits or light scratches now.

I think I will put on a chameleon tint next week or the week after. 7D5B9D7B-943E-4F51-8C66-4CB22352A170.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom