• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

CL65 Engine without the cover (hi-res photos)

Maff

MB Enthusiast
I tightened up a few jubilee clips on the turbo hoses this morning as they were a bit loose from the work when the new turbo was fitted, and thought i'd take a few pictures without the carbon fibre engine cover as most photos i've seen were with the cover on.

DSCF0030.JPG

DSCF0031.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0036.JPG

DSCF0037.JPG

Nice pics

OH!!! so many pipes! so many wires! so many things to go wrong! Quick put the cover back on! :rolleyes:
nice pics:D :D :D :D
edit -is that the oil filter at the centre front?

Last edited:
To think, they covered that little lawn mower engine up with such a nice cover !

:p

S.

Looks like something is eating away the stuff at the back of the engine...

That V12 is a REAL BEAST!!

Needs a clean :)

Has somthing been leaking on that fuse box/control unit with the red wires?

Should be even faster without the cover now as there's less weight!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :devil: :devil: :devil:

The oil filler is on the bottom left had side, the big thing in the centre front just has an arrow with 25NM on it.

I'm not sure whats been eating the fibre cover behind the engine nothing seems to rub on it, so not sure, must be the local rats in the garden ;)

I wiped the bits down that looked like they had oil on them, although the photos show it up more than in real life, again, not sure what caused that.

To me it seems like the equivilent of a printed circuit board - not sure where things go or what they do!!

A door mouse is eating away at my engine, he has eaten ALL over the place...!!

He doesnt bother eating the BMW...:p

Damn that things a beast!

You may want to buy a replacement coolant cap as yours is leaking a slight bit of coolant.

Now I see why they put covers on modern engines ...it's to stop you being terrified to open the bonnet in fear of spilling screenwash on a whole load of complicated stuff!!

...I still manage to miss the filler neck every time I try though!!

KLP 92 said:
Damn that things a beast!

You may want to buy a replacement coolant cap as yours is leaking a slight bit of coolant.

Probably a bit of spillage during filling.

grober said:
OH!!! so many pipes! so many wires! so many things to go wrong! Quick put the cover back on! :rolleyes:
nice pics:D :D :D :D
edit -is that the oil filter at the centre front?

Yes it is.

Matt that engine looks very tasty, especially those two hand made intercoolers at the back.

Now where did I drop that washer??????:D

--phill-- said:
i take that it isnt a stock merc product, i.e you have tuned this car ? or is it :crazy:

Stock Merc product is 612bhp and 1000NM torque.

I've had the ECU remapped to the 685bhp I mentioned above.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom