• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Clarkson's Pub

Caffeine and machine already exists, already does a fat better job than his pub will.

Like his farm shop, only appeal for this pub is that somehow you will see him in person, which is why that is constantly rammed, yet offering nothing new over any other farm shop.

C&M is 10 miles up the road from this new pub site.

Good luck to him , but 'Destination pubs' as I call them, ie: you are purposely going there (practically middle of nowhere) in a car as your destination for an afternoon/night out and someone has to drive home are hard work.

We have a number of them around my way , all very nice but quite honestly not worth the hassle of trying to get there or home after a few pints or glasses of wine . No Uber round here and taxis are a nightmare to book (often don't turn up) , Yes , yes I know you can go to a pub without having a drink.

But what's the point ?? it's like coming second in a race or kissing your sister....it doesn't count.

Caffeine and machine already exists, already does a fat better job than his pub will.

Good luck to him , but 'Destination pubs' as I call them, ie: you are purposely going there (practically middle of nowhere) in a car as your destination for an afternoon/night out and someone has to drive home are hard work.

We have a number of them around my way , all very nice but quite honestly not worth the hassle of trying to get there or home after a few pints or glasses of wine . No Uber round here and taxis are a nightmare to book (often don't turn up) , Yes , yes I know you can go to a pub without having a drink.

But what's the point ?? it's like coming second in a race or kissing your sister....it doesn't count.
We regularly drive 30 minutes to one of our favourite pubs because of the quality of the food and service and take turns driving back.

Give the man a chance!

One of the reasons stated is to provide an outlet for local food producers, yes it gets him publicity so what?

We regularly drive 30 minutes to one of our favourite pubs because of the quality of the food and service and take turns driving back.
Been there , done that . Not for us anymore . We have access to some very fine dining (Michelin starred) 15 minutes away . We will do it for special occasions (taxi booked etc) but one of us not having a glass or two of wine etc so we can drive kind of spoils the experience for us.

Been there , done that . Not for us anymore . We have access to some very fine dining (Michelin starred) 15 minutes away . We will do it for special occasions (taxi booked etc) but one of us not having a glass or two of wine etc so we can drive kind of spoils the experience for us.
Each to their own. The food is the preferential driver (!)

Michelin starred dining can be sublime, it can also be rather average but, on the majority of occasions it has been interesting and worth the effort and cost although a wedding lunch we experienced at Ray Whites place was definitely in the average category.

Is it near to a canal, we often have a convoy of boats to a couple of locals and stay over, it's a hard life.😇

I could be wrong but I didn’t get the impression that the pub was intended to be a car-themed destination, and is more likely to be aligned to his present and future (beer, produce and associated TV/Mediia production) rather than his past (cars and associated TV/Media production).

Each to their own. The food is the preferential driver (!)

Michelin starred dining can be sublime, it can also be rather average but, on the majority of occasions it has been interesting and worth the effort and cost although a wedding lunch we experienced at Ray Whites place was definitely in the average category.
The worst (it was still bloody good) Michelin Starred place I ate at was, ironically, in Beaune.

The location of Mr C's new venture is off a roundabout on the A40 east of Burford, just where a dual carriageway begins on the A40 to Witney.

obviously not a fan of Jeremy then! Killer

If he takes advice (I know it's unlikely) from James May, expect real ales and pies. I'm sure we can expect another TV series, following the exploits of the inept licensee...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom