CLK 208 Rear demist relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

soopcoop

Car
CLK320
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know where the relay for the rear window demist is hidden on a 208 Clk? The light on the button comes on but I don't hear any relay click and I don't think it's working.

I have looked for previous threads but can't find anything.
Thanks

I don't hear a relay click on mine when I turn it on , could it be a broken strip in the glass ?

I don't hear a relay click on mine when I turn it on , could it be a broken strip in the glass ?

Ok thanks, just on every other car I've had there has been a definite click of a relay when using the demist. I'll check if it gets warm when I turn it on, hopefully it will and I'll be able to warm my hands up on it!

Unless I have it completely wrong, the PSE supply's the power to the rear window defrost.

PSE, Connector block 2, pin 1 supply's 12v to the rear window.

Last edited:
Unless I have it completely wrong, the PSE supply's the power to the rear window defrost.

PSE, Connector block 2, pin 1 supply's 12v to the rear window.

Thanks for the info, without trying to sound dumb, what's the PSE?

Its the vacuum control system. responsible for door lock, boot opening, comfort seats, alarm system and heated rear screen.

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know where the relay for the rear window demist is hidden on a 208 Clk? The light on the button comes on but I don't hear any relay click and I don't think it's working.

I have looked for previous threads but can't find anything.
Thanks

When the car is cold, place a pan of hot water under the rear window and turn on demister to test, the rear demist switches off automatically after about 15 minutes. The window should mist up and start clear within about a minute.

Dec

When the car is cold, place a pan of hot water under the rear window and turn on demister to test, the rear demist switches off automatically after about 15 minutes. The window should mist up and start clear within about a minute.

Dec

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Its the vacuum control system. responsible for door lock, boot opening, comfort seats, alarm system and heated rear screen.

Ok thanks. Presumably as all of those other things are working it wouldn't be the control system.

Ok thanks. Presumably as all of those other things are working it wouldn't be the control system.

you could do worse than check the feed to the heater for a 12v supply. And then check the same cable at the PSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom