CLS Auxiliary battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dord1954

SUPPORTER
Car
CLS 320 CDI
Hi I have a 2006 CLS320cdi and during the winter months I get message that convenience features are disabled to save battery power, or words to that effect.
My question is does this refer to the battery in the boot or is there antoher battery to power things such as heated seats, heated window etc?

thanks in advance for any help

The battery in the boot...

It's the only one you have?

I have read somewhere a while back that some models have another smaller batter in the engine compartment but I dont know if mine does

I find it funny that the cars with two batteries have this problem, whereas those with one don't.

Last edited:
If in doubt have a look underneath the pollen filter in the engine compartment, nearside just below the windscreen.

MB set up the trigger level for this convenience function disable rather high and as long as the message disappears quickly, can be ignored.

If it stays on for a few minutes get the batteries and charge circuit checked out.

i have two in my cls changed both since i have had the car still get the warning if left the car fore a couple of days but clears after few miles

yes my message goes after a couple of miles and the car doesnt seem to have any trouble starting and cranks over fine, think ill just ignore it for now and see what comes

Hi,
2006 CLS was the year when the Auxiliary Battery was phased out this happened at the same time as the SBC system being replaced.
The Aux battery was specifically fitted because of the SBC System and if there was any issues with it you would get a red warning in the cluster, Saying that do check on the date stamp on the battery and if four years old or more replace it as a matter of course, this goes for the boot fitted battery as well.

well some 7 months later and a red battery sign lit up on the clock with message visit workshop, turns out there is a battery under the bonnet, under the cabin filter as suggested above and it was toast. New battery on order should solve the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom