Comand Install and other retrofits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure Chris is around at the moment.

I have a W208 CLK (built May2002) and am about to purchase a COMMAND 2 system Model Number (208 820 44 89) from Germany.
The system has COMMAND, TV Tuner, 6 Disk Multchanger (I already have 1 fitted) and CD (NO GPS Ariel).

I would like this fitting to MY car. I do not know what wiring is currently in my vehicle.
What would it cost to fit, or do you need further information?

Regards

Digital tv

I would also be intrested could please pm with more details. i have a 209 cab
with comand and dvd.

Thanks

BJAZZZ

Yes I am a recent proud owner of a 2002 CLK 320 Cabriolet (01.09.2002 - W208 UK RHD) and would like to know: -

1. Can a MC3198 CD Changer fit in a Comand 2.0?
2. What would the cost be for a Comand A 208 820 44 89 for my vehicle - what additional parts/interfaces will I require and what wiring/antenna(s) are already pre-installed?
3. Would like a kit to install my Nokia 6310i in my car working from the steering wheel - what cost/price etc

I am technically able and would like to fit these items myself if possible

Any help would be appreciated - please PM me with the information given to other members as well as specific information on my vehicle if at all possible.

Thank you in anticipation of your help

Paul

Ricky, how much for the cradles?

I installed Comand on my W203 last week, it was fairly easy. I have the MB workshop manual on my website (www.Buellwinkle.com) if anyone is interested and you can certainly contact me with questions if you get stuck during the install. If you need Comand, check with Steve in the Netherlands, he's great and comes to your house to install if enough people are interested or sends you a complete kit with instructions, he even flys to different parts of the U.S. to sell/install Comand and other stuff like the UHI phone kits and the like so the UK would be closer to his home. His website is www.mbenznl.com

As for additional parts besides the actual Comand unit, you'll need a satelite antenna with the correct connector and C1/C2 connectors to replace the current C connector that is in non-Comand vehicles. If you want Aux-In you'll also need that harness.

Last edited:
buellwinkle said:
Steve even flys to different parts of the U.S. to sell/install Comand and other stuff like the UHI phone kits and the like so the UK would be closer to his home. His website is www.mbenznl.com
I went to the UK several times and did installa number of comands there as well...I have been in contact with several people in the UK for an early september install trip but there wasn't enough confirmed interest (maybe because of Chris, don't know).

greetingz,

I am quite interested. I have a 2001 W208 CLK 230K convertible and am keen to put in a command nav system retrofitted in. The car currently has a MB RD 10 Audio system in place with a 6 stack CD changer in the boot. Pls let me know what parts are required (and if you supply the parts , how much the cost , plus your installation fees) Also can a Command 2.5 system be installed in ? I know the standard one for my model is the Command 2 but thought if possible , would prefer to install the newer version. Thanks.

ravens1488 said:
Hello, i`m a german DC Technican and just wanted to ask if there is someone here, who is interested in retrofits on Mercedes cars, for example:

C-Class W203: Comand, Nokia Handsfree, Speechcontrol, TV, DVD,...
E-Class W210: Comand, Multisteering-wheel,...
CLK C209: Comand, TV,...

...and so on!

if there are enough people in the UK, i would come over and do this installs in the UK!

Chris

P.S. I have done more then 200 Comand installs, 30 Nokia Handsfree,... in Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Austria, yet![/QUO

w203 require all parts including command please quote

Has anyone used Chris services yet ? Any comment/feedback ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom