• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Command firmware update - NTG1

sambam2006

Car
S63L AMG, GLC COUPE
Hi guys,

Where can I get a firmware update for my command?

I have a CLS 500 (2005 UK Model) with a NTG1 command.

I heard that the latest command firmware is 30/06 for the cls and that their is no engineering mode in this firmware that means you can't enable video in motion so beware to any users who are thinking to updating their firmware :).

The only new feature I know of in the 30/06 is the ETA display feature which makes it a worthwhile upload.

I brought the 2010 map dvd for £50 but it didn't update my firmware but still works :D.

Thanks

Thanks alot mate

Is it possible to buy the update CD\DVD online?

Sorry couldn't edit my previous post.

I contacted my local mercedes dealer and they don't have the disc in the UK at the moment thats what I got told on the phone so can't purchase it :(.

Does anyone have the update disc?

W211589132200
EU E,CLS HeadUnit
18 Jan 2007
SW-REL 21.090
Version: 30/06

Even if I can borrow it i'd be happy to pay the postage costs and hire fee even though the disc is only a tenner.

I want the ETA feature on my comand.

Sorry couldn't edit my previous post.

I contacted my local mercedes dealer and they don't have the disc in the UK at the moment thats what I got told on the phone so can't purchase it :(.

Does anyone have the update disc?

W211589132200
EU E,CLS HeadUnit
18 Jan 2007
SW-REL 21.090
Version: 30/06

Even if I can borrow it i'd be happy to pay the postage costs and hire fee even though the disc is only a tenner.

I want the ETA feature on my comand.

I have the disks.

Where are you based?

comand-service discs

Hi, I am trying to get my version 9 dvd to work on the NTG1 COMAND but all i get is message stating that i need to' insert a dvd in the boot', do any of you guys know if i need to upgrade h/unit firmware or nav/proc ? I had version 8 running previously.The car is a e320 ,2004. thanks.

I'll PM you.

Edit: Cant PM you as you have PM's turned off.

Alfie, hoping you could help me please... I'm keen change the display units from KM to Miles on my display but believe I will need to update the firmware /reprogramme it to do this is this correct? I have a 2006 C180

Thanks

You need the UK mode removed using STAR. Alfie is based in Wokingham, Surrey and he can do it for you. Email him at: [email protected]

How can I establish what version is already on my NTG1?

If you have the option to show ETA then your already on the latest firmware for the Comand headunit.

Nav processor firmware updates are on the nav discs.

Please help! NTG1 Too many options!

I've recently got myself an 06 plate CLS which has the NTG1 System installed. The disk is from 2006 and I don't think its had an update since.

Whats the latest on these systems? At present I can play DVD's on the go which is nice for passengers. The Bluetooth doesn't recognise my iPhone 5 which is a bit of a bummer.

Had a browse through some posts and online but can't be sure whats the best way to go? Found an Ebay listing for an NTG1 V13 disk which looks to me as just an update for the EU Maps. Will this also have firmware updates and will the DVD's still play on the go?

My sclass has the comand ntg 1 and the rear tv pack also. My car came with 2004 disc but my dad gave me a copy of a disc called V12. Don't know if that indicates 2012 but the mapping is very recent.

When I put the v12 disc in it installed new software. I bought a Connects2 video in motion module today that connects to the audio gateway in the boot. Installation took minutes but my comand now doesn't work. I have contacted connects2 and even their tech help were baffled.

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this as I'm current £130 down and Ive got no radio :( many thanks

I've recently got myself an 06 plate CLS which has the NTG1 System installed. The disk is from 2006 and I don't think its had an update since.

Whats the latest on these systems? At present I can play DVD's on the go which is nice for passengers. The Bluetooth doesn't recognise my iPhone 5 which is a bit of a bummer.

Had a browse through some posts and online but can't be sure whats the best way to go? Found an Ebay listing for an NTG1 V13 disk which looks to me as just an update for the EU Maps. Will this also have firmware updates and will the DVD's still play on the go?

You must be referring to the Navi processor firmware update which you get with a new maps DVD (if not up-to-date already). The COMAND update is a different thing.

Video In Motion has nothing to do with the navi processor. On an NTG1 you can set VIM with SDS but this forum generally does not like the idea of video in motion.

For bluetooth you must be referring to the profile for headset calls and address book transfer, on a 2006 car you would need a BT adapter at the UHI connector to get BT handsfree support.

My sclass has the comand ntg 1 and the rear tv pack also. My car came with 2004 disc but my dad gave me a copy of a disc called V12. Don't know if that indicates 2012 but the mapping is very recent.

When I put the v12 disc in it installed new software. I bought a Connects2 video in motion module today that connects to the audio gateway in the boot. Installation took minutes but my comand now doesn't work. I have contacted connects2 and even their tech help were baffled.

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this as I'm current £130 down and Ive got no radio :( many thanks

An easy one, send the VIM device back and they will send you your £130. If you really insist on VIM, do it for free (visit someone from the forum with a private Star, or pay a bit for an independent or even an MB garage, if anyone is willing to activate the feature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom