Courtesy Car accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would the end result in:

I pay the excess to get their car repaired.

My friend receives 6 points and a fine as his insurance didn't cover the car.

Off on our way?

As has been explained, it depends entirely on the terms of the courtesy car agreement between you and the car's lender, and your friends insurance policy details. Until you can put those two together and see precisely where you both stand, then it is mere guess-work and conjecture on our part - and worth nothing in court!!

The police came down as the accident happened at heathrow airport. They exchanged details and my friend was asked to produce his license only at the police station, which he had done.

The woman is not accepting liablity but there is representation from the AA claims company (Claim fast) as my friend wasn't at fault.

involved?

As he was uninsured to drive it, in the laws eyes he shouldn't have been on the road. The insurance company will note this, and all cost and charges will unfortunately be against your friend.

As he was uninsured to drive it, in the laws eyes he shouldn't have been on the road. The insurance company will note this, and all cost and charges will unfortunately be against your friend.

As already stated in post 22 , we don't know whether or not he was insured to drive it .

The OP needs to check his hire agreement re permissions to drive and the friend needs to check the wording of his policy very carefully .

My friend receives 6 points and a fine as his insurance didn't cover the car.

Why should that happen. You said earlier the Police only asked for his licence (that's very surprising) which he has produced.

That should be the end of the Police involvement - now it's a civil matter.

Who has the new courtesy car?

He does as he is insured to drive that.

We don't believe he is insured to drive it. He's checked the policy and there's an exclusion of hire cars.

We are royally screwed :(

I'd accept responsibility on my part but the cost of fixing two vehicles easily come up to £5000 if not more.

wrong forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom