Cracked rear light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63doc

Car
c63 amg 2010
Ok someone when reversing out of a parking space has dented the rear panel and cracked the light. I wanted to get tinted versions as will switch the alloys at one point to all black but don't know if anyone has fitted tinted rear lights to a uk registered estate. Lots of options for saloons and coupes but a void for estate/ touring version. I have found some on sw-tuning.de but bizarrely for rhd traffic and lhd cars.

In addition new pads needed on front and new discs. Anyone recommend any aftermarket discs. Got a service pack on it but can't see how MB can charge 800 for 2 discs when I can get stoptech or others for under 300. Any recommendations.

A pic of my light is attached .

Edit: I can't seem to upload a picture.

Here is a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/153379948@N06/shares/48B527

The last pic are the Essens I wanted to get after seeing the projex black series estate conversion

Last edited:
Someone must have attempted to fit rear tinted lights? The other option is tinting film which is reversible as I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells them for a uk registered rhd s204 c63.

As for brake discs I've located some on euro car parts but will probably get ebc pads and wondered whether anyone had used upgraded discs. It's not a pp or ppp car so judging by the picture on that link I'm assuming they are single piece steel jobbies so if upgrading pads might as well get discs done. They may not need discs but looking at those lines on the disc in the picture , I'm not so sure how much life left in them.

Ok for those in a similar position OEM Mercedes pads and discs for 2010 c63 estate only £306, discs only 50 sheets per side and pads 198.

Am I being thick but does anyone know why rear lights for rhd traffic and lhd cars would not be suitable for U.K. Is it something like fog light placement? I would have thought all c63s have lights in the same position at the rear

Reason I ask is sw-tuning.de do a lovely set of tinted rear lights which would suit the stealth look I am after but they won't ship to U.K.

Do these rear lights on the description specifically say for c63? As it may play silly buggers with your rear SAM, IIRC all c63 rear lights are LED (I think?) so I'm sure something will be different to that of a regular W204

Regarding discs etc the standard mercedes jobbies are pretty much the best at doing what they do anyway

Hi ash , it mentions for s204 model . I emailed the shop and they replied with this model of tail light for my vehicle but they then realised I was from the uk and said that the light won't be suitable and I'm scratching my head as to why?

https://www.sw-tuning.de/en/SWCelis....html?MODsid=44fc033295db587eccd62f2d38682314

I've ordered standard OEM discs and pads through Mercedes but wanted to let others now as I'm frankly staggered at the costs of the disc and maybe others might want to order in advance in case the disc cost may increase at a later date

Before you order them I'd message Rich or Alfie on here they really know their stuff, they'd know if they would work or not and if not, they'd know how to get them working

I think it's to do with fog light placement or something

Before you order them I'd message Rich or Alfie on here they really know their stuff, they'd know if they would work or not and if not, they'd know how to get them working

I think it's to do with fog light placement or something

Good advice, what would their handles be on here ? Ordering them is one issue, getting them To despatch to uk will be a whole other ball game unless I arrange my own carriage. Tbf looking for something more local or at least uk based but there is a dearth of staged tinting for rear lights for the estate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom